six

chapter six: wasted

Number Five was having a somewhat peaceful night in his hotel room, sitting on the balcony with a cup of coffee in one hand and a book in the other. He had been on the same assignment for just over three days now, and he would finally be able to return home the next morning.

He felt lonely after spending the last few nights on his own. He hadn't realized, but it had been quite a while since he had not spent his nights with Anthony in his arms.  He hated being away from his best friend, not knowing what he was doing or whether or not he was safe.

Five couldn't pinpoint the exact moment when he suddenly began caring so much about Anthony, because he had sworn before that he would never care about someone who wasn't any of his siblings, because it would just distract him, but there he was now at 1am, worrying.

He was worried, because he never truly did know with Anthony. He knew that his best friend was very clearly mentally unstable, which to be fair, Five was the exact same. But it was different with Anthony, because Five really never knew what he was going to do to himself, and that was truly terrible.

Trying to focus back on his book, his thoughts where interrupted by the obnoxious sound of his cellphone ringing. He answered his phone without even looking at the caller ID "Anthony?"

"Fiveeeee!!!" a voice called from the other end of the phone "Oh my God, I'm so happy you picked up! I miss you soooo much, do you miss me? Of course you do, I know, it's been a couple of days already, well actually only three days, four hours and fourteen minutes, but who's counting?"

If the mixed up and slightly slurred words weren't enough to let Five know what was happening, the constant rambling and the continued one-sided conversation definitely did.

"Jesus, you are so drunk" Five commented.

"I'm also high!" Anthony added, before he started chuckling to himself at the revelation "I was sad earlier but you wanna know what happened then? I suddenly remembered that alcohol existed!"

Five sighed "Where are you?"

"Hmm" he hummed, pausing as he looked around at his current surroundings "Not too sure to be honest"

"What do you mean you don't know?" Five asked, growing concerned for his friend's current state. He just wanted to be there to help him.

"I mean that I don't know, what else would it mean? Idiot" Anthony muttered, before he started laughing about God-only-knows-what again "I miss you"

"Yeah, you told me already" Five replied.

"Did I? Oh" Anthony said, before he started laughing once again "When are you coming back? I miss youuuu so fucking much, I miss your stupid face. It's so stupid, it's just so...I wanna touch it"

"I'll be back tomorrow" Five told him, trying to hide the amusement that was evident in his voice.

"Oh thank fuck, I'm outside your apartment right now but you're not here" Five could practically see the look on Anthony's face right as he said that "I just wanna see you"

"Darling why are you outside my apartment?" Five asked, leaning back in his chair and sighing "I thought you didn't know where you were?"

"I wanted to see you" Anthony replied, before his voice basically went up an octave "Hey! You've never called me that before...I like it" he added.

"I gave you a key to my apartment, just go there for the night and I'll be back in the morning, okay?" he suggested.

"I want to see you nowww" Anthony whined.