sixty five

chapter sixty five: the time of my life

Anthony had never been apart of a real family, and when he first began his relationship with Five he had been so unbelievably glad to finally have someone, he could hopefully share his life with. He had spent so long alone that he had sort of accepted the thought that it would be like that forever, surely no one would ever really want to put up with him?

Five contradicted everything he thought he knew about the way people perceived him; he was sure no one would ever stay, but then Five came along and after a few mere months the idea of getting married and even starting a family had already come up numerous times. It had been hard to accept at first, but he eventually understood that despite everything he thought about himself, Five was just living proof that he was wrong the entire time.

His small family that just consisted of himself and his lover obviously wasn't a lot, it had always been just the two of them at Commission, but what he didn't know at the time was that being apart of Five's life also meant being thrown into his family.

When he had first met the Hargreeves, they had basically accepted him into their family and acted as if he had always been there. There wasn't any hesitation from them, only from Anthony himself, and although they hadn't known each other for long, he quickly trusted them.

He really had gone from having no family to having four brothers over the course of a few days. Anthony had been various at first, not wanting to overstep any boundaries, but they had almost immediately welcomed him in.

Sure he was technically Five's husband, but to them he was just another one of their many brothers.

Anthony was ironically the youngest out of the entire group, so he wasn't only their brother but also now their younger brother, and although they weren't technically related that still came with the weird sense of protection they held over him.

He genuinely loved his brother-in-law's more than he did most people, Five and his grandmother really being the only exception in that. Also Lila and Sloane, who he guessed were sort of his sisters now, his family just kept growing.

The bachelor party was obviously only for the brothers, all except Ben, and it took place in the lobby of the hotel. Luther and Viktor had set it up, making a small stage at the front for the karaoke they had planned, and putting blankets over the lamps to create the atmosphere.

It wasn't much, but it was something.

Anthony had taken his place in Five's lap, sitting with both of his legs resting on the arm of the chair, one arm wrapped around his husband's shoulders and the other holding a bottle of vodka.

Five leaned his cheek against Anthony's shoulder, arm wrapped around his waist and holding onto him tighter than usual. He wasn't really one for this much PDA in front of his siblings, but he had totally gone passed the point of caring anymore.

"Every now and then I fall apart," Luther sang on the stage, swinging the microphone around dramatically and dancing around by himself. " And I need you now tonight, I fucking need you more than ever..."

"Doesn't he have the voice of an angel?" Klaus asked, holding his glass close to his chest. "Yeah baby hit those high notes!" he cheered.

"We'll be holding on forever-"

"Yes Luther!" Anthony cheered, moving his head slightly as Five kissed his cheek softly.

Klaus put his hands in the air, "Sing it baby!"

"Whoo!" Viktor contributed.

"I can't believe Luther's the first one of us that gets hitched," Diego commented, looking at his brother who danced ridiculously on the pathetic stage.