𝟭𝟮|𝗵𝗲𝘀𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝘁

p/n=pronouns
***

"i said stop calling me, floch." you groaned, continuing to organize your room.

"i miss you, come on. we can hang out later. like old times!"

you made a disgusted look at your phone, "i never liked you in the first place!" you hung up, throwing your phone on the bed.

sighing, you stood in front of your mirror, getting ready for bed.

you never liked floch, what made him think that? all you did was hang out with him once, and that was an immediate regret.

your phone rang again, and expecting to see floch's name on the screen, it was armin's.

"hey,"

"hey! you hungry?"

you were confused, honestly. but you did answer. "mm, yeah. a little. why?"

"i could bring you something! i don't know, if you want. i was stopping for food and was thinking if you wanted something."

"yeah sure, bring me something. i'll be waiting." you smiled to yourself.

"i'll be there soon."

you didn't bother to change out of the clothes you wanted to wear to bed.

it would be nice to have armin bring over food, hang out a little. connie was an amazing friend, but it got a little lonely when he wasn't at your house. he was the only person you were actually close with, you didn't talk to anyone else besides the people you were seeing for weeks at a time.

which made you remember, this is exactly what connie told you about.

armin trying to win over people he took interest in, just to forget about them after a few dates.

as you were thinking to yourself, there was a knock at your door. you knew it was immediately, made sure you looked at least presentable in the mirror before going out to answer it.

"hey," you said, looking down at the bag of food that armin had to hold with two hands.

"hey! in pjs already?" he asked, while walking past you and setting the bag on the table.

"it's late, and i didn't wanna change." you sat at the counter peering into the bag. "what'd you get?"

"uhm, just some fried rice, some chicken... i got three different types 'cause i didn't know which you would like...and some egg rolls." he took out the containers that were for you from the bag, and leaving the rest inside. "take what you want and i'll take mine home."

"home?" you looked at him in the middle of grabbing forks.

"yeah, i was just going to bring the food and go home-"

"no, no! sit down. we'll eat together since you came all the way here."

armin felt his face warm up, his hand went up to his neck, rubbing it. "yeah, that's cool with me."

armin sat on the other side of the counter, taking a fork and his food.

it was quiet at first, you and armin ate in silence. with nothing else to talk about, you asked a question.

"hey, do you know who floch is?"

"the one with the reddish-pink hair?"

"mhm."

armin shrugged, "i've talked to him a little. he's a weirdo. he's like, obsessed with one of his exes. won't stop talking about them."

"oh my god we never dated," you groaned.

armin held back a laugh, "it's you?"

you nodded slowly, then he bust out laughing.

"it's not that funny."

"it's not! sorry," he breathed in, then laughed again. "it kinda is." armin leaned back in the seat, "he talks to me about you at work-"

"wait, i don't care about him anymore! where do you work?"

"at the movie theater, i work the ticket booth."

"so you can get me free tickets to a movie?" you asked.

he laughed, "i'll see what i can do. hey, do you work tomorrow?"

"yeah, for a bit why? wanna get a tattoo?"

"yeah, actually. i was planning on it. i have the design and everything."

you nodded, leaning in closer, "i have tools at my house, maybe instead i could go to your place and do it. it'll be much better there."

armin nodded frantically, "yeah, that's fine. just, give me a notice before you come. my roommates are crazy."

"of course, of course."

you two finished eating while talking about yourselves, work, friends, and some drama that was going on. armin was a good listener, and talker. you felt interested while talking to him, a conversation wasn't boring.

you were finishing up the rest of your food when armin's phone rang, and he quickly went off into the hall to answer it. you didn't mean to eavesdrop but armin was making it way to easy. he was talking to someone who sounded like a girl.

"armin!! i'm waiting for you. where are you-" that was all you heard before armin turned down the phone volume.

"i'll be there soon. give me an hour?" he said, in a sort of pleading tone.

the person on the other line mumbled something, and armin hung up. he walked back over to the kitchen, taking the dirty forks from the table and putting them in your dishwasher.

"who was that?" you asked as a joke, hoping that he wouldn't get too defensive.

"just my roommate. he wants me to get home for something." armin got his stuff together, and put the rest of his food in a container.

you knew he was lying.

"i'll see you. let me know if you want me to bring food again." he said, before walking out the door.

you followed him over the doorway "armin,"

"hm?"

"we're going to be hanging out a lot more, right?"

he smiled, "definitely."

armin started to walk down the hallway towards the parking lot, he waved at you and you waved back.

"call me when you get home!" you yelled.

armin looked back at you smiling.

only if you knew he hasn't stopped thinking about you since the day he first saw you.
***