Chapter 3

To start here's a bit of background.

Kate Haraway and Connor Renolds have been best friends since they were toddlers. They shared secrets and had each other's backs. Their parents were close friends from high school. Life was great for the two BFFs until their families went on a vacation together. Kate and Connor were in one car and the parents drove together in another. Kate and Connor were jamming out to the music, It was getting late as they neared New York where their hotel was located.

They were driving through the city but as Kate was driving she couldn't see their parent's car through the traffic, so she said to Connor," Hey can you turn on the GPS I can't see our parent's car anymore."

"Yeah, what's the address?" He asked.

" It should be on my phone."

Connor grabbed Kate's phone and went into her texts and found the address for their hotel. He typed it into the GPS and it directed them the right way. They were coming around the corner and that's when they saw it.

Their parent's car was completely wrecked. Kate pulled over to the side of the road. Connor hadn't noticed the crash and asked," Kate hey why are you pul-." Before he could finish she was jumping out of the car and that's when he saw it and said," Oh my god."

He quickly got out and followed her. She tried to enter the crime scene but the police held her back. She was freaking out.

" Hey, No, Stop, let me through that's my parent's car, please."

" Sorry, mam we can't do that."

" No those are our parents let us through," Connor said trying to get him to let them through.

" Tom let them through," a female voice called out to the officer who finally let them through.

Kate turned to the woman and said as her voice started cracking as she started crying," Where- where are they?"

"I'm so sorry they didn't make it, it was a planned hit."
"Wait what?" Connor asked confused and devastated.

" How about the two of you come to the station and we can explain what happened ok?"

They looked at each other and nodded in agreement and followed the detective to her car. It took about 20 minutes to arrive, and the three of them sat in silence. The two teenagers were stuck in their thoughts and getting through the shock that their parents were dead. They climbed out of the car and followed the woman to a conference room.

This Olivia Benson
( you don't need to know about you or watch it to understand this)

Her name was Olivia Benson and she worked for SVU. The car crash was planned as both their parents were cops who put some of the gang's members in jail a few years back for some stuff they did.

" Do you guys have anywhere you guys can stay, or family members?" Olivia asked.

" I don't have any family it was always just my parents, Connor, and his parents," Kate said as Connor nodded in agreement.

Olivia was friends with their parents before they moved to a smaller town. She offered them to live with her and her son since they were both 17 and offered to help them get back on their feet.

They accepted. It took some time for them to get used to the new living situation but they did. The four were like a perfect family. Connor, Kate, and Noah( Olivia's son) got along the teenagers played as the best big siblings they could, be the three were close.

Two months later. The morning of the day that the mystic falls gang and the original come to their universe.

Kate had just finished getting ready for a red flannel and black jeans.

She walked down the stairs to see her little brother, best friend, and mother figure in the kitchen.

" Ok, hooligans I am heading out for work, goodbye I love you guys I will see you boys tonight. Kate are you coming to the office tonight so I can tell the captain?"
" Yeah tell the boss man I'll be in for work after school love you."

Olivia gave them all hugs before she headed off for work.

Connor ran to his and Kate's rooms to grab their backpacks for school. It was 7:45. Kate noticed this and turned to Noah and checked to see if he had everything.

" Ok item check phone?"
"Check"
" notebook"

"Check"
"Pencil"

"Check"
"lunch"

"Check"
" Good let's hit the road boys."

The three quickly headed out and first, they dropped off Noah at school and then went to the high school. They got through their classes for the day. Nothing interesting happened until after Kate dropped off the boys and started to head to work.

( a little info here is that Kate worked hard over the last two months and was offered a job at svu which means special victim unit. If you want to watch the episode that the SVU is based on you can watch it on Hulu: Law and Order SVU season 9 episode 13)

Olivia texted her the address that she needed to get to right away. Once she got there she saw they had the tape and everything up. The cops let her through right away as they all knew her because she worked for Olivia.

" What have we got?" Kate asked as she saw Olivia.

" A boy his name was Nico, he's dead. He had burns and marks," Kate follow Olivia and saw the terrible scene."

The two shared a looked and knew that they had to find who did this.