Chapter 20

Week 2 Thursday
The day went by as usual. The team was supposed to meet up at the station at the end of the day.
Because apparently SVU was not the first group of cops the girl reported to.

Kate walked into history and took her seat. It wasn't to long until Kol joined her at the next desk over.

"Kate you havent came over enough what's up with that darling?" Kol said with a smirk.

Kate chuckled and replied," Oh my apology's. It's just things at the station have been hectic."

Kol nodded understanding, but he hid his displeasure of the danger she was putting herself in. The day went by as normal

The bell rang and Mr.Saltzman walked in ready to teach.

"Today we're learning about slavery and the civil war. Now who can tell me about the civil war and what the conflict that it surrounded." Alaric asked the class.

The class went on with Kol making jokes through the whole thing and Kate trying to contain her laughter.

Skip to clothing and textiles class 5th period after lunch.
Kate was walking down the hallway when she heard someone yell behind her.

"Hey Kate!" Kate heard the voice she recognized as Elena's. She turned around to see the girl jogging up behind her.
"Oh hey Elena what's up," Kate said with a smile.

"Kate we need to talk," Kate's smile disappeared and was replaced with a look of concern.
"Elena is something wrong?" Kate asked.
"It's not something that I can just say on the short walk to class are you open tomorrow after school?" Elena asked.

"Yes my schedules clear unless something at the station comes up. You know what, how about you come over for a sleepover tomorrow and we can talk about what's troubling you." Kate suggested with a worried look on her face.

Elena nodded with a small smile on her face. Relieved that the girl would be safe from the original family.

After school
She walked into the station bag over her shoulder. She approached her desk and Finn her partner was sitting at his desk going through paper work.
"Hey where's liv?" She asked.
He looked up at her and said,"She's in her office apparently she might of lied about the whole thing. She was in foster care and the team is talking to some of her past parents."

She nodded and started going through her paperwork.

Carresse came through the front doors quickly and head straight for lives office.

They found out an hour later it had the same setting , same exact thing happened again as they're previous victim.

They stood infront of an evidence board.

"So we found out that they all signed partitions and after they were raped." Kate said.

"They also have two offices in Manhattan and Brooklyn,"Finn said after glancing at his partner.

Finn and Kate went to one of the offices.

They walked in and were quickly greeted by one of the bosses.

"Hi im officer Haraway and this is officer mikaelson were here on official business regard a case we have received."Kate said.

"Yes were looking for one of your carriers who bring in signitures that have been doing this for the path month or any who have moved." Finn said.

"We have them move all the time, along with getting new recruits each month." The woman replied.

Kate and Finn shared a glance. This may be harder than they thought.

"We need you to show us." Finn stated.
She nodded.

Kate took out her phone and saw it was the same man in picture with a clip board.

They thanked her and walked out. They sent the address to Finn and Caresse to check out.

Kate got the call from Caresse.
" We have to go the next victims about to be hit." She typed in the address.

The pair drove to the apartment build hoping they weren't to late. When they arrived they heard the music through the door and cry's of help.

Kate banged on the door and yelled,"NYPD open up!"

No answer.

Finn kicked open the door and they ran in and saw a woman stuggling to get away from a man with the Prince Charming mask on. He held her in a choke hold and a gun pointed at the pair. Finn was ready to move and save his Mate at a moments notice.

Kate slowly advanced,"Put the gun down now."

He shoved the woman away.
Finn quickly gave the woman to Kate and ran after him not wanting Kate to get hurt.

Kate called for back up. A moment later Liv and Rolland's ran in and Kate gave the woman to live and ran to help her partner. She caught up and ran up the fire escape.

The man tried to escape but the door was locked. They held they're guns pointed at him and slowly advanced.

Kate tried to talk him down but couldn't he turned and shot directly at Kate. Finn used his speed and moved her out of the way, she was halfway across the place she was standing. Her eyes widened as she looked at Finn.She saw black veins crawling under his eyes. She blinked and told over the radio where the guy was heading after he jumped off the roof.

"How, how did you do that?" Kate asked fear in her voice. That wasn't normal. She backed away out of his arms and kept moving backwards.

"Kate you have nothing to be afraid of, listen to me." Finn said trying to calm his Mate down with no results.

Kate did the only thing she could think of.

She ran.