30. Fall!

The day just went by like that, preparations, some lectures in between and all along Bella couldn’t talk to Jake, at this point he was purposely avoiding her

The day just went by like that, preparations, some lectures in between and all along Bella couldn’t talk to Jake, at this point he was purposely avoiding her. And this time it was his fault, but Bella was trying to make it up for him.

She failed— he wasn’t ready to listen.

Bella thought that he just needs time and she would talk when the right time would come.

Jay and Bella met at the park, according to the scheduled meeting they did yesterday.

Jay comes prepared, he had thought of it carefully yesterday night. He would tell her about what happened the day before Sunghoon.

But somewhere he thought that it would make matters worse, and he did not want to hurt more than he did already. They take a stroll around the park, both unsure on how to start the conversation.

Jay went ahead, trying to start a short talk before, but Bella beat him to it.

“Jay, so did you have fun dancing with Jake?” Her voice hinting sarcasm followed by a chuckle.

Jay snorts at the sudden light thrown of the morning’s events and he utters, “Don’t remind me of that please. I am never dancing again.”

Bella bursts out laughing, “Why? That was the best social dance class ever. You two are definitely made for each other.” She continues giggling when she recalls Jake and Jay swaying to the music and holding each other tight while glaring.

Jay doesn’t respond to it; he just quietly listens to her. Bella realises that she was teasing way too much and stops.

“I wanted to ask something,” Jay discloses and halts in the middle, stern look prominent on his face, Bella turns around and faces Jay, “What is it?”

“How and why did you fall in the love with Jake?” he asks in a rough voice, his eyes looking into hers, anticipating the answer.

Their eye contact is teared by Bella, a tender smile plays on her lips thinking about it. She didn’t have a definite answer for it. She softly imparts, “I wish I knew the answer… it just happened I guess?”

“What attracted you the most about him, grades? Sports skills? His face?” Jay blurts out, eagerly waiting for a solid answer. He went in front of her, trying to make an eye contact with her.

Bella shook her head and finally looks at Jay, “None of it, I didn’t fell for his features. I fell for his clumsy excuses, I fell for his cute gestures for making up with me, I fell for his silly words and promises, I fell for the way I was with him before, carefree. Most importantly the way he made my heart flutter with every little thing he did. It was inevitable— falling in love with him…”

Jay silences, that was the most unexpected answer. Their bond was unbreakable huh? He could take them apart from each other, but he could never take the feeling away from their heart. No one could.

He gazes how calm and bright Bella’s face looked while thinking about him, how her eyes shone a bit of spark every time she took his name. And he realises he can never replace it.

The evening breeze blew past them and Bella breaks the silence as she continues, “There was this one time, I realised the feeling I had for him was love.”

Flashback

It was the day the trio decided to go ice skating, it was Sunghoon’s request.

Winter sports was a cool thing to do in winters, but not for Bella.
She had never been to an ice rink, her parents were so cautious that they didn’t allow her to skate before, but now that she was going with her friends.

They agreed to their request.
She was afraid that she would make fun of herself in front of Sunghoon, he was a professional after all. How would he think of her, when she won’t be able to simply skate?

Sunghoon was going to meet them at the rink itself. Bella and Jake were going together.

Bella couldn’t her thoughts to herself, she stops him and quivers, “Jake, you know I can’t skate, I don’t think I should come. I will only make fun of myself, you go ahead.”

Jake puts a hand around her shoulder, making her look at him. He gently firms his grasp and mutters, “Don’t worry, I will hold you like this the entire time, I won’t let you fall. We will learn it together, yes?

Bella gazes at him and her heart forgot to beat for a second, she nods her head.

“And even if you fall, I will be there to catch you.” Jake whispered in her ears; a reassuring smile makes its way on his face. He teased her with a wink at the end.

The next second Bella felt her heart on the verge of explosion, it was beating the fastest it had ever been. She teared apart her gaze when she felt her blood rush on her cheeks.

“You can’t just say things like that, out loud.” She mumbled to herself; a slight shrug follows right after.

Jake dropped his hand off her shoulder and sneered, “What did you say?”

Bella immediately speeds up, she waves her hand acting as if it was hot and spoke out, “Nothing, it’s just getting hot these days.”

Jake shadowed Bella right from behind and questioned, “It’s getting colder here, how are you feeling hot?”

She didn’t say anything.
They reached the place and indeed Jake was there with her every time, held her so she won’t fall. She was surprisingly a fast learner and caught up on it.

But he lied that he would catch me if I was to fall. Because he assumed that I never would when I was already in too deep.

[A/N]

Sorry for not updating yesterday, I was quite busy...

I don't really have much to say... Except your support means A LOT to me.

Thank you so much for 1.5k+ reads (。>_<。) I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

Vote and comment if you lioe the chapter ;)

Bye!