50. Consolations

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Bella squinches at the sudden raise of voice, she understands it though, the least thing her aunt would want is to see her face. After all, it was her fault that she lied.

Sally pinches her forehead and puts a hand on her face. The tears almost slip at the corners from her eyes.

Most of the times she couldn't understand Jake, there was a big gap between them, mentally. She had been through a lot when her husband died. She never told this to Jake before but, all she wanted was the best for him. Even though she got mad at him pretty often.

Whatever she said was from her own experience, she wanted him to be strong. Stronger than her. So, he could be ready to face the world when things do not turn out like he wished. She didn't want him to be like her- crumbling down by a single blow.

She thought she was preparing him for worst, without knowing the things he was going through. She often found herself guilty for not being a good mother or for not being there for him. But she didn't mind being the bad guy for him to be stronger.

Clara was there for her through out this, but when she came to know certain things about Jake from Clara. She felt the lacking— the pain to not know her son the best. She didn't let it show to others though.

All she did was to make sure Jake remembers their favours over the decade.

She wanted him to treat them as their granters. Nothing more. She would be lying if she said she wasn't jealous of Clara. Even though Clara was the only one she could trust with everything from her son to her house. There was this bond she couldn't really explain.

At the moment, she doesn't want to face Bella, because she was upset with her. Upset because she trusted her with Jake.

Bella keeps feeling guilty about everything, was it her fault that this happened? She takes Sally's hand in hers and tries to make an eye contact with her. But she fails, Sally wasn't looking back at her.

So, Bella takes a deep breath, and then says, "Aunt, I am sorry for not telling you about it. But I assure you, Jake did nothing wrong, it wasn't his-"

Sally jerks away her hand from Bella's grasp, turning her neck. She snaps back at her, "Are you here to take Jake's side and lie again? If you are, then please go away. I don't want to talk about it."

Even though the words wound her, she does not say anything in her defence because it will only aid the burning fire.

The important thing to do at the moment was to just listen to her quietly.