💔Heartbreak...💔

"Zander wait, let me explain!"

"Shut up! I don't wanna hear it, Jake!"

Zander ran out of the music room and down the hall to the bathroom. He ran into one of the stalls and locked himself in, soon hearing footsteps walk in. He saw Jake's feet under the stall door and stayed quiet... "Zander, can you just let me explain..?" Jake asked.

"Explain what...?!" Zander yelled. "The fact that I saw you and Hailey kissing?! And you're supposed to be MY boyfriend?! I think you've explained enough!!"

Jake sighed and leaned against the stall door. "Zander, look....I'm sorry....I really should have told you sooner, but-"

"Just leave me alone!" Zander yelled through tears. Jake just sighed and left as Zander continued to cry...

Zander POV

I hadn't felt this feeling ever...I could hear my heart beating fast as the noise rang through my ears from my chest...it felt like I was going to throw up my stomach...

I can't believe Jake and what he did....and not just him, but Hailey too....my own step sister betraying me like this...she was the one who convinced me to tell Jake I liked him...all that time me and him had spent together....had it all been for nothing....? Did I mean nothing to him...?

I sighed and wiped my tears away after a few minutes, then left the bathroom...once I got all my stuff from my locker, I left and headed home...I couldn't stop thinking about what happened...

*Flashback to a few days earlier...*

I walked into the house and upstairs after just getting back from Luke's house. I could hear faint guitar music playing upstairs and Hailey's singing. I put my bag in my room, then headed towards her room. By then the noise had stopped. "Hey Hailey. What're you playi-" I started to say, but stopped short when I saw Jake with her...kissing her....

Hailey pulled back from Jake and looked at me in the eyes. "Jake....? What are you doing....?" I asked. He looked shook and started to panic, as he tried to get the right words out. "U-Uh....um...."

"Zander, this is all a misunderstanding!" Hailey said. "Whatever...I get what's happening here...." I said before heading out...

*End of flashback*

Once at home, I went to my room and closed the door...I sighed as I looked at my keyboard that was placed at the end of my bed with a stool along with it, though I preferred to play while standing....I sat down and played a few keys...then my mom walked in...

"Honey? Dinner's almost ready. Can you go let Hailey know?" she said. I nodded then got up as she left. Soon after, Hailey walked by towards the bathroom. "Mom said dinner's almost ready." I said without making eye contact with her. She nodded then walked in...

"Zander, can we please just talk...?" she asked. I sighed and looked at her. "What is there to talk about..." She looked off to the side. "Listen....I'm not happy with Jake either....I didn't kiss him, he kissed me..."

I looked at her. "You're lying..."

She shook her head. "I'm being serious... you're my step brother, and I know how close you guys were....when we were hanging out the other day, he was acting really flirtatious and....then he kissed me....I didn't want him to though..."

I walked over..."you mean that..?" I asked...and she nodded...I headed downstairs, trying to think about how practice would go tomorrow...I hadn't been showing up lately cause I didn't wanna be in the same room as Jake...but I missed seeing Sean and Milly....and most of all, Luke....he's probably worried...he always thinks about me...it's sweet, but...I hate the thought of having to see Jake there...I wonder if him and Hailey told the others....maybe if they didn't, I could through a song....I'd have to think of one while eating and write it after dinner. I'm not one for writing music, but this could be a good experience