😫Flashbacks😫

Authors Note: TW Mentions of gunshot noises and flashbacks of the real lockdown situation

No one's POV

The school had been closed for a week after the lockdown drill had happened. When it opened again, things were pretty different. For one thing, Drew and his buddies didn't bother the music club that much. Hailey and Jake weren't on speaking terms, and neither were Jake and Zander

Poor Zander couldn't stop thinking about everything he'd gone through...

First there was the incident at the winter dance. Jake had straight up told him he still liked him, despite him and Luke being a thing. When Zander told him he didn't like Jake that way anymore, he could tell he broke Jake's heart. He had felt the exact same way when Jake broke his heart. But he wasn't just gonna up and leave Luke...he loved him...

Then there was the horrific lockdown incident....Zander couldn't stop thinking about the lockdown drill that had happened a few days after the dance...and it's not like it was fake, it was all. real.

He kept thinking about it...it was all he could think about...the words said over the announcements, the sounds of the gunshots, the sick and terrified feeling he felt....he'd barley slept since the incident, as every time he closed his eyes he couldn't stop the fear from sinking back into his mind and stomach...

"Zander..?"

Zander snapped out of his thoughts, and looked up to see Luke and Milly looking at him after hearing Luke's voice. He noticed that while getting the stuff from his locker that he had slid down to the floor out of fear

"Are you okay....?"

Zander couldn't speak out of fear and just nodded slightly. Milly bent down and helped him up as he began shaking. "You look exhausted..." Milly sighed as Luke held Zander's hand. Zander flinched a bit and said "I'm fine, Milly. Okay?" Milly sighed again and said "alright..." She then left the two boys alone and headed off to class. "She's not wrong..." Luke said putting his other hand on Zander's cheek. "You look like you haven't slept in over a week..."

Normally he would've made something up. But instead, Zander just blurted out "That's cause I haven't slept in over a week..."

Luke's eyes went a bit wide, but he kind of expected this to happen...He hugged Zander and said "how about you sleep over at my place tonight...? My parents are going out for a dinner and movie date night, so it'd be just us..."

Zander nodded while keeping a firm hold on Luke. Luke kissed his head which made Zander smile slightly, and the two of them walked off to class

---

"Remember you can call me to come pick you up if you need it." Zander's mom said. "I know mom..." Zander sighed. "I'm just saying." his mom said "I know you've been on edge since the incident and I just want to make sure you're okay."

Zander sighed and said "alright, mom....but I'll be fine..." She nodded at his words as Zander got out of the car, and walked up to the door of Luke's house as his mom drove away

---

Zander hadn't felt as relaxed as he did now in forever. He was laying against Luke as the two of them were watching tv, and he felt safe with him. He liked that and Luke also did, as he felt happy knowing Zander felt safe with him

Luke's parents walked downstairs in formal wear, his mom going to the door and his dad to the kitchen counter. "We'll be back by 11, alright?" his dad said. "Remember the rules." Luke nodded. "We'll be fine, dad."

"Are you sure we have everything?" Luke's mom said, clearly a little bit frazzled. "Keys? Phones? Wallets? Cards?-"

"Yes dear, I'm positive." Luke's dad responded. His mom nodded. "Be safe, boys" she said as the two of them headed out the door. The door shut with a slight slam, which made Zander flinch slightly. Luke didn't notice and just said "so...what should we do?"