Chapter 14: Investigate

Ayla's POV

"Good morning everyone!" I greeted them joyfully as soon as I entered Jimin's cafe, but my big wide smile instantly turned upside down when they ignored me.

Aish! These kids! What now?

"Tsk! What's with the faces?" I asked and fling my bag on the couch, sitting beside it. I scanned their faces and their expressions looked the same. None of them answered my question but was asked back by another question from Hoseok.

"Where were you yesterday?"

Eh? I'm sure I told them I was going home.

His face is dark and serious, his eyes are trained to me and it made me feel a little uneasy. I breathed in deeply and composed myself before raising a brow at him.

"I went home. Didn't I tell you guys that? Wait– hold on, can someone tell me what's going on? You guys are acting weird."

Did something happen while I was away? But they all looked fine when I left. Well except for Jimin of course, who's unleashing jealousy when Jungkook told him he gotta leave early. Tsk. What did he even like from that human?

"You weren't answering your phone yesterday." Tae said.

My brows furrowed and I immediately grabbed my phone from my pocket and looked at the screen. My eyes widened when I saw 7 missed calls from Tae and 4 missed calls from Hoseok.

What the hell?!

"Did you turn off your phone?" Hoseok asked. I probably put my phone on silent while I was cleaning my house and forgot to check on it when I left to go somewhere.

"My phone's on silent. Sorry." I apologised, hearing them heave a deep sigh.

"Don't mute your phone next time." Jimin voiced coldly without giving me a look. I tried to suppress my annoyance from their questions but failed terribly.

"Okay, hold a damn second! What's going on with you guys? First of all, I clearly remember that I told you I was going home yesterday after work. Second, I don't get why you guys are getting mad at me for muting my phone. And lastly.." I paused and took a deep breath to calm myself. "Can someone tell me what's going on? What happened yesterday that made you all look like the world's gonna end? And where's Issy?"

They better give me an answer 'cause I damn hate it when I feel left out from something important. I received 11 missed calls and no one wants to give a damn reason why.

They stayed silent for a while before Jimin decided to break the ice. He glanced at the stairs before looking at me with a sad and weak expression.

"Khalisee was kidnapped."

"She's WHAT!?" I yelled and jolted up from my seat. They seem to expect this kind of reaction from me since they weren't surprised.

"She wasn't coming home so Tae and I looked for her while Hoseok stayed here to wait for her in case she goes straight here. But Tae and I didn't see her after hours of searching until we overheard a woman telling the police that a kidnap took place near her street. Her description of the kid was exactly my niece. She said that the kidnapper took Khalisee to the forest and so the police went there. But..." He paused. Tears started whelming in his eyes and he took a deep breath before continuing.

"T-there was a g-gunshot... from the forest..."

My jaws clenched and my hand fisted from what I heard.

That bastard better hides the best he can, once I find him, he sure will meet the devil earlier than he expects.

"T-the woman invited us in to wait and when they came back, K-Khali wasn't the only one kidnapped. T-there were lots of kids." Jimin finished, bursting into tears. Tae sat beside him and rubbed his back to soothe him. Hoseok cleared his throat and shoved his hands in the pocket of his pants.