Chapter 20: Birthday and a Kiss

Jimin's POV

"Coffee Bean!!" Ayla cried out and lifted Issy in the air before lowering her into her arms. Issy giggled loudly as Ayla burrowed her face in her small chest. "I can't believe you're six years old already! Look how old you are?" She said; overreacting.

"We've only known her this year and yet she acts like she's known coffee bean her whole life," Hoseok remarked with a raised brow.

"That's what you call attachment, horse-face!" Ayla snapped before sticking her tongue out at him.

I shook my head from having to hear them bicker first thing in the morning. Ayla was the first to wake up, the early bird she is, followed by the couple, and Issy.

And as for me. . . being the person who wakes up last, leaves me to deal with the consequences. This morning, Ayla barged into my room and caught Jungkook and me cuddling together.

Up until now, I could still feel the lingering heat of embarrassment on my face when she claimed that we slept together. I was stupefied by her wrong assumptions, but after I noticed Jungkook shirtless, I'd think the same way.

I was stunned to see him topless, and the only reason he gave me was that he was feeling hot sometime in the dead of night and didn't notice he had removed his shirt.

I felt so awkward and shy that I threw a pillow at him and went hiding in the bathroom. He left my room after that and went to his. I tried so hard to quell my thumping heart and the flaring heat burning my cheeks.

That was the first time I saw his. . . perfectly sculpted upper body. It looks like it was carefully and skillfully carved by God Himself. Taking all His time to hone Jungkook's body.

I kept gulping hard just from the thought of running my hands over his chest down to his torso. Feeling his toned muscle become taut from my cold feather-light touches.

I shook the dirty and indecent thoughts away from my head. I shouldn't enter that part of my mind and respect Jungkook.

I finished decorating Issy's birthday cake and neatly plated it before placing it on the table among other delicious dishes Ayla and I have made.

We all gathered around the table and sang Issy a happy birthday. As soon as we ended the song she made her wish and blew out the candles. We proceeded to eat and decided to give her presents after in the living room.

Hoseok and Tae, who went out this morning, gave her a teddy bear. Ayla gifted her an expensive set of colored pencils. Jungkook gifted her a pastel yellow Instax camera with two boxes of film for her to use.

I walked over to her and kneel down to her height. I lifted my hand and caressed her soft brown hair while my other hand stayed behind my back where I'm holding her present. "Out of all the gifts you received today. I'm one hundred and one percent mine is the best." I said with a huge smile on my lips. She grinned widely and searched my hands, looking for her gift.

"Really?! What is it? I wanna see!" She said, bouncing lightly on her feet with excitement. I chuckled at her eagerness before showing her a pastel pink wrapped box. She took it carefully and then began unwrapping the box. I stood beside Jungkook as I watched her impatiently remove the wrapping from her present.

"What'd you get her?" Jungkook asked.

"You'll see," I said shortly.

"You sure yours will be better than ours?" Hoseok asked.

A smug smile tugged on my lip. "Hundred percent."

Seconds later and Issy came running toward me. She threw herself at my waist and hugged me tightly. "How did you know, Uncle?!" She asked with curiosity and excitement. Looking up at me and flashing a huge bright smile.