Chapter 39: The Hunt

Jungkook's POV

Taehyung and Hoseok didn't take my explanation easily. Of course, I expected that. What I wasn't expecting was to be greeted with a hard blow to my face by Hoseok and get wrestled to the floor by Taehyung. Followed by a threat that both of them will kill me if I don't leave the town immediately.

I wasn't able to respond since I was being choked by Tae's arm and his legs were preventing mine from moving. If it isn't for Jimin who stepped in, I would've died of suffocation. He boldly tackled Hoseok to the ground and did the same thing Taehyung was doing to me.

Taehyung shouted at him to stop since it looks like his boyfriend really couldn't breathe. When in fact Jimin threatened Hoseok that he will fire them both and shut them out of his life if they will not let me go. And so he told Hoseok to act like he was being choked to death.

After that, the two sat properly on the couch. They looked like kids being disciplined by their mother.

They glared at me when I began to tell them everything. But their expressions were soon replaced by pity after hearing my story. They also felt terrified when I told them about my past. They couldn't believe I was capable of doing that, but I told them that I am really trying to change and divert that hunger away from human flesh.

Though they don't seem to trust me, I told them that I am going to do my best to earn their trust in me.

I breathed out a sigh as I finished unpacking my bag. All my clothes are already neatly placed in my closet. I was glad that they didn't push me away. I thought they would drag me out of this place once they laid their eyes on me. But then again, I have to give all my thanks to Jimin since he was the one who actually told them to listen to me.

I never thought Jimin would be the one who'll want me to stay despite me being different. All along, all I have been thinking was that he would be the first to shun me and never want to see me again. Turns out I judged him based on my thoughts. He is not that kind of person. He's more than kind, he's loving, and caring, he puts people first before him, and he looks after the people he loves and cares about. He's everything someone like me needs.

I was brought out of my train of thoughts when I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in!" I said and the door opened, revealing Jimin who peeked from behind the door. "Hey there kitten," I told him with a tiny smirk. Jimin frowned and raised a brow at me.

"I told you not to call me that, didn't I make it clear to you that I like 'baby' more?" He said with a pout before walking in and closing the door behind him.

"What brings you here?" I asked, ignoring what he just said. He walked over to my bed and plopped down on the soft mattress, bouncing a little.

He sighed before turning to his side and supporting his head with his propped arm.

"It's a full moon tonight." He told me, concern swirling in his chocolate-brown orbs. My eyes traveled outside my opened window and saw the moon not too high up in the sky.

"It is, isn't it?" I stood up and walked over to my window, resting my hand on the frame. I watched the moon's slightly dim glow as I felt a gust of wind blow in my direction.

"Are you. . . going out to hunt?" he sounded hesitant. I walked back to my bed and lay down next to him, turning on my side to completely face him. He only stared at the ceiling, waiting for my answer.

"Do you want to come with me?" I blurted out. His eyes immediately widened and he looked at me.

"W-what? B-but won't I become your m-meal?" he stuttered, eyes shaking a little. I laughed at his question before pulling him to me and snuggling him. I gave him a short sweet kiss on the forehead.