Chapter 8- One Boy Can Change Everything

Ranboo POV

"This doesn't really seem to be 'on the way'." Ranboo pointed out, looking towards the sun. "Why are we going here again?"

Tubbo shrunk at his words, looking towards his feet which suddenly seemed to perk his interest.

Tommy turned to glare at the other boy. "Do you not listen? Tubbo needed to grab some things before we head towards his uncle's." He moved away from Ranboo, swinging an arm around Tubbo. He began whispering, glancing backwards towards Ranboo between every few words.

Ranboo bit his lip, surprised as Tommy moved away from him. How could he do that? They had known Tubbo for a few days and already he was being replaced by him! Ranboo could barely remember life without Tommy.

From day one in this hell Tommy had been at his side. Even when everyone else left them. Tommy was still there, with no sign of ever leaving. Was that all about to change?

Ranboo shook his head, clearing his head from those thoughts. He followed the others into the house, still glaring at Tubbo.

The house was shaken up, that much was sure. Many of the objects that belonged on the tables and desks were scattered throughout the floor. A rotting smell lingered in the air, making everyone turn away from the kitchen.

Tubbo sighed, his eyes glued to the ground. "I just need to grab a few things... then we can go." With a quick glance at Ranboo, he squeaked, "I'll be quick."

The boy ran up the stairs, rushing past the layers of dust that caked them.

Tommy turned to Ranboo, his gaze hard. "Can you at least try to accept him instead of being an immature jerk?"

Ranboo took a step bac, surprised by his outburst. "An immature jerk?" he repeated. "And what are you? A naïve fool? We can't just trust people as soon as we meet them! Don't you remember the-"

"Yes, you don't need to remind me." the blonde snapped, shifting uncomfortably. "But Tubbo isn't like them!"

"Uh huh. That's what you said last time!" Ranboo pointed out, gripping his hair. "Why can't you understand that I'm just trying to protect you! We're supposed to have each other's backs, right?"

Tommy shook his head. "Just be nice, okay?" He headed towards the stairs, before stopping abruptly. A soft sound came from upstairs. The sound of a ukulele.

Tommy walked upstairs, joining Tubbo.

Ranboo didn't follow, instead searching the first floor for any kind of supplies that were left. It was pretty much empty, apart from a few cans of food. He stuffed them into his bag without another thought. More food for Tommy and him... and maybe Tubbo. 

Ranboo sat down on the broken couch, letting out a long sigh. How could one person change his best friend so quickly?

What happened to when it was just him and Tommy against the world?

-----------

Hope you liked it!

Sorry I didn't update this in a month! Christmas Break is coming up so I'll be updating it more!! :)

Hope you have a wonderful day!

-Snowy