Chapter 20- Only A Few More Days

Ranboo POV

Ranboo poked at the fire, lost in thoughts. They had been walking for what seemed like an eternity. His eyes drifted towards the sleeping brunette a few feet away. Making sure the boy was asleep, he reached for Tubbo's bag.

Silently, he began to take food and supplies from his own bag and move it into Tubbo's. Ranboo had been doing this frequently, every few times they stopped. He always made sure that Tubbo had more food than he did. He didn't put that much in, not wanting the other to notice. But just enough for Tubbo to feel like they were well stocked.

As he moved the bag back into its original position, he felt the brunette move beside him. He froze, hoping he hadn't woken up. Tubbo began whimpering and crying out in his sleep. Ranboo quickly realized he was having a nightmare.

"Lani... Teagan! No!" Desperation clawed at his voice as he cried out.

 Ranboo looked away, this was the fourth nightmare in the last few days. He would be lying if he didn't feel a little sympathetic. Tubbo let out another cry, tossing and turning. Ranboo took a deep breath, crawling towards the brunette. He gently shook the boy. It took a few minutes for him to stir awake.

Tubbo sat up, wiping his tears. "Sorry." he turned away, not wanting to show his embarrassment. But he couldn't hide his sniffs.

Ranboo ran a hand through his hair, trying to find the right words to say. Looking back towards his friend, he spoke up. "Don't apologize for something you have no control over. Bad dreams are not your doing. It's just something you have to deal with... something we all have to deal with."

The brunette met his eyes, the tears falling. "I should be able to control it." he whispered, he buried his face in his hands. "I should be able to sleep without waking you up!" he exclaimed.

Ranboo rolled his eyes. "Dude, I was already awake. Besides, nightmares make you human." He laid down besides Tubbo, closing his eyes. 

"I'm sorry..." Tubbo again repeated.

"Shut up and go to sleep."

"But-"

"Tubbo, I will literally be right next to you. I'm not going anywhere." Ranboo responded, his eyes still closed. "Now I suggest you at least try to get some sleep. We're only a few days away from your uncle and then I can finally be on my way."

Tubbo was silent after that, laying back down. He shifted so he was facing away from Ranboo before letting out a loud sigh.

Ranboo bit his lip, agreeing with the words he said.

Only a few more days and he would be alone.

---------

Hope you liked it!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

-Snowy