Chapter 13 "The Forest"

Lucy POV

"Surprise!!"

"...what are you doing here?"

"Stalking you."

I gave him a blank look.

"Okay, okay. I'm here to see a friend of mine."

"A friend?"

"What? You didn't think I had friends?"

"No, I figured you had friends. It's just I never see you around them."

"Don't worry about that. You'll see them soon."

"What do you mean?"

"Gosh, you are so curious. You'll see what I mean soon, don't worry about it. By the way, that scene you caused earlier was quite the surprise."

I avoided his eyes and tried to walk past him. He grabbed my arm which I guessed he would do and tried to shake him off.

"Let me go. I have to get home."

"Why are you trying to run away from me? Is there something you want to hide?"

"Now, you are the curious one. Let me go."

"I just want to know something about my precious friend. Is that so bad?"

"Yes. Now I'm warning you let me go."

He leaned to my ear. His breath tickled my neck and I felt a shiver go down my spine.

"It's not nice to keep secrets, you know?"

His grip loosened on my arm and my arm fell down to my side. His eyes were darker and more serious. He ran a hand through his hair and looked at me.

"But, I guess I haven't been to honest about myself either."

"What...?"

He grabbed my hand and gave me a bright smile. Then brushed a strand of hair out of my face.

"Never mind. Just thinking out loud. Come on, let's go."

"Where?"

"Anywhere. Somewhere. Just someplace you want to go."

"Wait, I left my friends at my house. I have to let them know I'm okay."

He took his phone out of his pocket and handed it to me.

"Call them."

"Okay..."

Levy and Erza were worried sick once again. I told them I was sorry a thousand times and explained my sudden behavior. They understood and forgave me. They were going to stay at my house and sleep over like they planned to.

"You ready to go?"

"Yeah, let's go."

"Did you think of a place yet?"

"Um, yeah. You said you would take me anywhere I wanted to go, right?"

"Yeah, anywhere."

"Then there is somewhere I would love to go."

"Where?"

I grinned as we walked out to the parking lot.

"The forest."

Natsu raised an eyebrow at me but didn't say anything. We got in his car drove towards the forest in East Magnolia. The sky was clear and the stars were out which reminded me of the night Natsu and I met. The music playing drifted out of the window and into the night. We parked on the side of the road right across from the forest and Natsu helped me out of the car.

"Here we are, My Lady. The forest just as you requested."

"Thank you. Now can you fetch me my crown."

"Absolutely, your Highness. Anything for you."

"Let's go."

"Where exactly?"

"In the forest, duh."

"Okay...?"

"Follow me."

We trekked through the forest with only the moon as our source of light. We made it to a clearing and the view was breath taking as it had always been. I heard Natsu slightly gasp at the sight in front of him.

"It's amazing, isn't it?"

"It's beautiful. Yes, amazing."

"Come on."

I led him to a spot in the middle of the clearing where the grass was as lush and green as it looked and we laid on the grass. The stars covered every inch of the sky and shone just like diamonds. The grass was cool and soft. The sounds of the forest pierced the silence of the night. Natsu laid down on his side and turned to me.

"Where did you find this place?"

"Well, when I was 15, I had ran away from home because of an argument between my dad and I. I had ran into a forest with no direction of where I was going and I fell. The next thing I know is that I look up and see the most beautiful view. As you can see now, it looks way better at night. This place helped me make the decision whether to go home or continue to run away and I realized it wasn't worth it."

"That was reckless of you."

"Yeah, it was but I bet you've done worse."

"Well, you aren't wrong about that."

"Tell me..."

"Tell you what?"

"Who are you really, Natsu Dragneel?"

"Me? I'm just your extraordinary troublemaker."

"A troublemaker? Sounds nice."

"Nice?"

"You know, I've had my taste of the troublemaker life as well."

"I can see..."

"You don't believe me?"

"No, I believe you especially after that scene at the hospital. You seemed familiar with that type of thing."

"Yeah, I am. Are you?"

"Are you kidding me? You're asking me if I'm familiar with that type of thing? Please, I grew up with lifestyle. I live in it. I just don't want my sister to grow up like I did."

"That's right, you never talked about your sister before. What's she like?"

"She's plain adorable. She's polite and doesn't believe in violence. She wants to be a doctor and save lives. Though, she's going through puberty and is starting to be a handful."

"She sounds like a good kid."

"She is. That's why I don't want her to be tainted by this world's darkness so soon."

"Yeah, she's got to open her eyes to it one day. It will either make her or break her."

"You can come see her one day and be her motherly figure. Our 'mom' isn't exactly the perfect role model. You can teach her how to be a proper young lady but be powerful as well. You are exceptionally good at it."

"I will take up that offer. I love kids and I'm going to ignore what you just said."

"It was a compliment."

We laid there for a few more minutes enjoying the view and the sounds of the night. We walked back to the car more at peace with ourselves than when we came. On the way back to my house I fell asleep to the sound of 21 Guns playing through car. When I woke up, the sunlight streaming from the window was hitting my face and I was in the living room with Erza and Levy laying by my side.

~~~≈~≈≈~~≈≈~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈~≈≈~≈≈~≈~~≈~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, you guys!!!! Btw, 21 Guns is a song by Green Day. Its not a common song that you fall asleep to but I can sooooo....anyway I didn't put a lot of Nalu in this chappie but it was worth it. And this is the question of the week....

Have you ever been to a place where the view was absolutely beautiful???