Capture the flag pt. 7

Jirou ran as fast as her feet would take her. Kaminari on one side and Tokoyami on the other, doing their best to protect her. They used their quirks the best they could to defend the flag and get it to the check point, but by the time they had gotten to centre field, it was an all out war zone. All three classes were found in the centre of the field battling it out as if life itself depended on it.

Jirou took this as her que and held out the flag. She looked out over the group and noticed Momo had 3-As flag and was struggling to keep it. Now or never.

She put her earphones into her boots, allowing the sound of her heart beat to carry out over the group, the sound waves stopping the fighting. Just as people regained their composure, Iida ran through, grabbing the flag from Jirou and running to the flag pole.

Momo noticed this and held up her flag, just then Higakure ran past, grabbing the flag, with tsu close behind, 1-As flag hanging off of her like a cape as Bakugo moves in to grab the both of them and launch them both forward. The group stared at the two girls as they disappeared from sight, headed towards their flag poll. Surebu's plan was working perfectly.

Throughout the confusion, Todoroki created a wall of ice all around the group, locking them in place so they couldn't go after the three. This snapped most people back into reality as the fighting continued, some desperately trying to go after the three.

While all this was happening, Kirishima and Surebu were taking a moment to calm down and breath, though there wasn't much calming. Surebu was leaned up against a tree, panic hitting deep as her vision became unfamiliar. The faces would pop into her mind and the most she could do was close her eyes and pray. Suddenly there was a hand on her shoulder, and chills ran through her entire body.

Kirishima had only wanted to make sure she was alright, but he only made things worse by touching her. The look she had given him was one only seen on someone facing their worst fears. Still he had to try.

"Surebu?" The girl shrank hearing her name. At least now Kirishima knew she could hear him. "It's Kiri, can you see me?" He wasn't really sure why he asked, but he go an answer that shocked him as Surebu shook her head. The red head sighed not sure what to do, then Mic could be heard.

"CLASS 1-A WINS USING A BEAUTIFUL STRATEGY!!!"

This told Kiri that they had to get moving or they'd worry the class. "We need to get moving, I'll carry you!" He announced grabbing a hold of her and lifting her bridal style. She protested, but Kirishima was already running forward, using the weight to pick up speed. Surebu just hid her head in Kirishima's shoulder, not sure what else to do. The less she could see, the better chance she had of getting through this.

"Ineffected huh?" The red head chuckled not sure what else he could say to help. Surebu groaned at that. She didn't want Kirishima to stay back, or any of them for that matter. She'd completely forgotten how terrifying that quirk was, and she forgot how many more nightmares haunt her now.

"I may have.... Over exaggerated," she mumbled feeling angry. Kirishima sighed as he slowly made his way along the field.

"The quirk makes you see your greatest nightmares? What'd you see?" He asked curious about what he'd heard earlier. The girl physically jolted at the question and Kirishima nodded. "Sorry, but if you ever want to open up then I'm more than willing to listen."

"Move faster?" She asked suddenly causing the other to pause in question. "The girl who has that quirk. I can't let her find me yet," she mumbled. Kirishima sighed before picking up pase. He didn't know what was going through her head, but he knew she had her reasons.

They made it to the group quickly and Kirishima ran up to Mina, not sure what else to do. He looked around but wasn't able to find Recovery girl, so he went to the closest classmate he could.

"Mina do you know where Recovery girl is?" He asked causing the girls cheer to suddenly die down. The second she looked over at him, she began to panic noting the girl in his arms. Before she could get a word out however, Surebu pipped in.

"Recovery girl can't help. The quirk will wear off on its own. I just need to wait...." She mumbled out hiding her face. At the comment Mina's eyes widened.

"We need to get her out of here!" Kirishima couldn't help but agree as they both began to shove off to the 1-A room to get her in a less crowded space.

Kirishima was quickly filling Mina in on what had happened as they were heading to the exit of the field, but they were soon stopped.

"I NEED TO FIND HER! SUE!"

The two turned at the sound, seeing a girl from class 2-B in a long dark cloak struggling against the hold of one of her classmates.

"Cal, you need to calm down!"

"No! You don't get it! Her nightmares will eat her alive!"

At that Kirishima looked down to his arms. Surebu's eyes were wide open as she grabbed onto her head. Slowly, a loud piercing scream erupted from her throat.