Return of the Mavericks Ch. 5 (Negative Speed Realm)

Dawn of Injustice: Return of the Mavericks Ch. 5 (Negative Speed Realm)

Disclaimer: This is an indirect sequel to the first Dawn of Injustice Loud Heroes story. It follows the Destruction Ending where the Hatchilings of the Phoenix and the Children of the L-Crew sisters are now looking for clues on how will they be able to bring back the Phoenix King, Lincoln Loud (formerly known as Firecracker). Now they are stuck in a timeless plane of existence that is the nexus of all other worlds created. It is the alpha and omega of the worlds, and the realm works as if it never existed and exists as the same time: The World That Never Did. Some characters may return while some may not.

TLH/TC are owned by Nickelodeon Studios. Loud Heroes is owned by Smoking Wrecker [Epic-Wrecker] and Zachlor16.

Opening Theme [Static P - Rewind]
One more time, rewind
I'll find another way back here...
I've been to the hard times
I've been at the wrong side
I've been ashamed
So many memories you know, I like to change
I'm gonna correct this
I'm gonna direct us to better days
I'm gonna turn back the clock
And a different way
I got the power
To turn back time, you know
'Til I find the right road
I've change that fate once before
So here I go
A new story unfold!!
One more time, rewind
I'll find another way back here
On this memories, I reflect
I conceive a better plan from here
One more time, rewind
I'll find another wa-a-a-ay back here. Ha!
-Opening Ends-

-Story-

In the chamber that contained a child speedster and her elder brother, an extradimensional layer of space and time where speedster draw out their potential. A dimension that is said to be a purgatory of tachyons that exists outside of time itself, that they help in maintaining the balance of the timeline since the Genesis (or as scientists called it, The Big Bang). This dimension is created along reality and is called The Speed Realm. This realm enables an expert speedster to travel time, draw more power from its tachyon particles, and learn its secrets. But a novice speedster would draw the attention of those who enforce the balance of the flow of time, The Speed Wraiths. Any aberration to the flow would invite trouble from these enforcers and will be imprisoned to the realm, trapped in a limbo or infinite loop of their suffering or trauma, unless the Realm itself favors the speedster in question.

But as any world out there, there is still a balance. As Ehyeh and Pandora maintains the rule of their balance, so is the realm. There is a "Positive" Speed Realm where all speedsters originally drew their powers like Lori Loud-Santiago aka Savitara (formerly Speed Queen), Rory Loud-Santiago (Mercury Girl), the genderbend hero an Alternate Universe: Loki Loud aka Godspeed (formerly Speed King) and Johnny Meeks (Johnny Speed). This speed realm is the natural or pure Tachyon dimension that is symbiotic to the speedster. And then there's the parasitic version of the Tachyon dimension that leeches any trace of the pure tachyon particle, in which causes a speedster to essentially slowdown if cannot controlled or resist its poisonous effects. This one is derived into a hellish tormenting poison that can essentially remove all forms of humanity left in a speedster, such as it amplifies all forms of rage, loneliness, likened to shattering the soul into nothingness, fear, anguish and all forms of negative emotions.

This negative tachyon dimension is called "The Negative Speed Realm".

-Time period, When Phoenix King abdicated the throne (Few years during the regime).-

Lori Loud was known as Speed Queen even during the decriminalization/legalization of the rights of Meta-human coexistence. The time Lincoln declared martial law and had been raiding meta-criminal dens and mobs of both meta and non-meta kind. Thanks to Dark Slayer's aid, the L-Crew are unmatched. Lori only agreed after her defeat at her brother's hands and convinced by her husband, Armour and his sister, Surge (The Santiago Siblings). One raid involved the Terror Crew. Many perished from the raid, including the life of the lover of the villainous speedster, Johnny Speed. He witnessed the raid and had to flee among their possessions. When he heard that the woman, Sharon DeMonet (aka Payback) perished into ashes because of the Phoenix King's doings, he started to be blinded by rage that soon led him to be fueled by anger and hatred at the regime's High Councilor and his rival for helping the raid, he slowly become consumed by thought of ending their lives. However, he fears the Dark Slayer for his ability to siphon meta-genes which will remove his powers so they waited years in hiding.

Soon as the King abdicated, the Terror Crew made a surprising re-entrance to the life of turmoil and criminality. But in those time, Lori is already a mother of a two children. A son named Bobby(Roberto) III "Roby" Loud-Santiago daughter named Rory Loud-Santiago (born even before the regime even started). When she heard the Terror Crew had returned, she felt guilty that they might come for revenge. Lori felt fear crawl to her skin and slowly tried to devour her, making her ran in immense speed. The speed was so immeasurable that she entered the boundaries of the Speed Realm where she gained intelligence of the past, present and future. Seeing those variations of the timeline, Lori was overwhelmed by the sights. She was tested for her resolve and if she failed, she may become stuck inside of a limbo for all eternity.

Rory/Mercury Girl: No, mom, please...

Roby/Titanium Titan: Now I know what mother has gone through.

Lori faced three trails, to face herself in three significance while chasing a shadow.

"Know thyself, and thy path shall be revealed" spoken by a reflection of Bobby. There she came face to face of what she had become during her lifetime. A life of constant turbulence, out of the desire to be first only to be much lesser. She's been always using the her birthright privileges as excuse and how she always had someone's back when they needed it the most. She learned she is more than just the firstborn, more than just someone's lover, but someone who can do so much for the sake of love.

"Face thyself, and thy fate shall be sealed" spoken by a shadowy version of herself. There she confront every one of her life's mistakes, transgressions, her offenses. She wrestled her pride of her birthright, her sloth from her selflessness, her resentfulness and anger issues, impatience, and most important of all mistakes... her insecurities. Insecure of doing her responsibilities as firstborn, as the supposed caretaker of her family. The insecurities of being found unimportant when someone is far superior than her, or unneeded when her talents/capabilities are earned by someone else. She remembered feeling inferior to Carol Pingrey in terms of looks and achievements, of Leni's beauty and kindness and her unique ability to learn how to drive when using 'Leni' terminologies. She then faced the shadow of herself to be split into individuals who never doubted her; her mother, father and sisters.

"Free thyself, and thy past shall be forgiven" spoken by the last silhouette of the Speed Realm. He then lets her recall her past and still found bitterness of her doings. This time, with her spirit animal, Minerva the cheetah helps her learn to forgive herself from the things she had done. She came to understand that none of the people she wronged ever blamed her from all. Her sisters never blamed her for keeping the house in stable condition, Leni never blamed her for wanting the car privileges to herself, nor anybody blamed her for Lincoln's near-death trauma against J. Speed.

Soon the silhouette applauded Lori for passing an exam of a lifetime, self-actualization. The silhouette gives form to a stone and the reflection of her very brother, Lincoln. The Speed Realm had been speaking to Lori for a long time but that was the first time she finally able to reply to the Tachyon sentient in form of Lincoln. The tachyon resident soon told her to leave before the Speed Wraith gets to her and imprison her there. She asked on how to, with a reply "Have Faith, even to thyself."

She was able to exit with enough speed to breach walls of dimensional energy and was in time to pursuit Johnny Speed from his revenge.

Rory/Mercury Girl: Way the go, mom!!

That was how Lori breached her way out and was able to contact the rest of the girls to battle against Johnny Speed. Lori discovered the toxins that was almost corrupted her, the negative tachyons that are siphoning Johnny Speed's power. Although this made him fast, he was slowly decaying if he had not enough positive tachyons to leech if it wasn't for Lori's connection to the speed realm. He was about to buzzsaw his hands to Armor and the Loud-Santiago siblings when He found them (albeit the children as hostage without the knowledge of being children of Lori & Bobby). However, Lori was desperate and needed someway to stop Johnny for good but if she succumb to her fears and anger, she'll be like him. That was the trials of the Speed Realm was about, to see if she is strong enough to counter the poisoning/corrupting effect of the negative tachyons. The stone, she had it from the Speed Realm itself, she used it and blasted Johnny with the pure positive tachyons but instead of getting siphoned, the positive fought the negative like an antibody against a virus. This temporarily immobilized the negative speedster and gave enough time for Lucy (Black Ice) to lower Johnny's temperature, which depowers the speedster from moving. The Terror Crew soon got arrested and was held into the Birdcage (formerly Dungeon) where they can never use their powers again (escapes preemptively before the start of Dawn of Injustice).

Lori then realizes the answer to her worries, the stone that was given to her may hold the key of victory. She consulted Lisa and found her working in an experiment with an odd sphere.

Lori: Lisa do you have a moment.

Lisa: Although I am busy with deciphering this peculiar contraption that my brother sent me, I will entertain.

Lori: What is this stone I'm holding? It has such power that can help in my speed so I though you could help me with it.

Lisa used the odd sphere to make an analysis of the stone and was surprised of what she confirmed.

Lisa: According to this "Apple of Eden" our brother sent me, this is a Philosopher's Stone. A stone of highly dense tachyon particles, solidified into an artifact. Where you got it is also most peculiar. A dimension called the "Speed Realm". With this, I'd be able to make tachyon based research and tech.

Lori: Talk about omniscient artifact. I mean come on, Apple of Eden? As in the forbidden fruit?

Lisa: Omniscience, hmm. Well Lincoln said he got this from "Dark Slayer" for saving the Vatican Pope from threats and demons. Who knew the religious holds such scientific artifact of the ancients.

Lori: Lisa, can you please do this for me? Research a way to get me faster, with this stone.

Lisa: I'll use the Apple of Eden for this tachyon-based tech training for you. But when you get faster, you need protection so that the static charge won't destroy your body. Being too fast may be dangerous, especially if you are breaking lightspeed barrier.

Lisa as Omniscience now began her fusion research with the solidified/calcified tachyon stone and vibranium to create a perfect armor that will be the suit and banner of Lori as Savitara. The suit can absorb enough static charge for Lori's safety during her incredibly fast runs. So fast that she seemed teleporting or breaching the tunnels of the Speed Realm herself.

This wasn't all that Lisa was shown, for it shown a map of the Sanctums all over the world even the five Sanctums that Lincoln traveled through with his son.

Egypt - Shurima Sanctum of Ra (where the Spear of Ra/Longinus Holy Spear is located, once guarded by Uriel)
India - Sanctum of the 11 Masters
Greece - Mount Olympus
Japan - Shinto Sanctum in Fuji (where the Shinto deities and Raijin/Fuujin lives)
Israel - Scala ad Caelum/Jacob's Ladder/Stairway to Heaven (two entrances Bethel/House of God and Mount Sinai/Tablets of the Commandments, artificial entrance made by Magi-King Solomon of Israel, the Temple of Jerusalem)

(In the Author's Note, this will reveal the other artifacts and how Lincoln gotten them. This is also the reason Lincoln abdicated his position as High Councilor of the Order of the Phoenix regime. The only reason Lincoln resisted the temptations of the Apple is because he had Camael snap him out from it's clutches.)

Now Lori is faster, stronger than ever. And whatever leftover Vibranium and Adamantine steel, she gave it to Bobby as lucky charm (as metal basis for his bodily transformation/absorption). However things are still not going as planned for them. Another speedster came few days after the Terror Crew's imprisonment. The L-Girls deployed and looked for the speedster and Lori as lead along with her group (Luan/Ms. Appear, Lucy/Black Ice, and Leni/Multiple Girl).

The speedster emits a crimson aura and blur whenever she run and wears a suit similar to XS (Arrow-verse). not only that but she seemed to be young teen girl with long brunette hair and soaked in negative tachyons.

Savitara/Lori: Sorry to keep you waiting.

Neg-Speedster: I'm patient and waiting always, mentor. Names Nicole, call me Nike.

Savitara/Lori: I'd go for Hermes but you're a girl so Nike is fine. Also, you know me? Because you reek of negative tachyons.

Nicole/Nike: I do. You are my mentor after all. Maybe this'll will help YOU remember, I am Nicole Meeks! Daughter of Johnny Meeks.

Savitara/Lori: I see. I understand.

Ms. Appear/Luan: What do you mean, sis? Didn't Johnny had Payback only or did he had another woman.

Savitara/Lori: I think only a few of you will understand. Maybe Lisa, but she is indeed the daughter of Johnny Speed, if the negative tachyons wasn't evidence enough. But she's from a timeline long abandoned since Sharon's death. She's a time remnant. What I don't understand is why haven't you been destroyed by paradox?

Nike: I guess you haven't been stuck in that Realm as much as I did. For years, decades, centuries, maybe millenniums stuck in that hellhole just to preserve myself in the timeline! Do you have any idea how angry I am!? I've waited a long time for this emancipation, and when you escaped, I followed through!

Savitara/Lori: Sucks to be you, so what do you want? Revenge, because that ain't going to return your mother. And if you even go back in time just to destroy me or the regime, I bet you that you'll fail. Afterall, you won't be stuck in the Negative Speed Realm for a long time if you weren't weak and slow!

Nike tried to charge at them but Savitara stopped her at her tracks.

Nike: Impossible, no one should be this fast.

Savitara/Lori: You literally didn't get the memo. I am favored by the Speed Realm, I am Savitara the angel of motion! And you are going to lose. The Negative Speed Realm is only a parasite, a virus that leeches the positive tachyons. If they can't, they die out and becomes purified into positive tachyons again. You can't leech my speed because I'm protected by the Speed Realm itself. And if you even try to change the timeline, the Speed Wraith will try to stop you.

Nike: Don't think I know that mentor. You were the one that taught me that!

Savitara/Lori: And what's with the mentor? Did my alternative future self ever took you in?

Nike: Yes, and it was to the academy of the gifted! I was a speedster like your daughter, and you were my mentor. But then paradox came us because timeline changed and you with your daughter where the one that placed my in the Speed Realm as incubation, as a safe dome. But then the Speed Realm started showing me of timeline and events, I was shown of my birth story, of how I got my speed. It was your brother's fault I almost got erased! Now I want him to bleed but you're all hiding him.

Savitara/Lori: You drew from your anger and opened a hole to the Negative Speed Realm, in turn it literally tormented you. A literal hell for you. Now you've becoming a monster of hate and pain.

Nike challenges Lori to a race in which they traveled the whole USA in mere minutes. While racing, they are fighting, punches lands but it seemed that Lori doesn't budge due to her armor.

Savitara/Lori: I forgot to mention that my suit way cooler than yours.

A hidden dagger pointed directly at Nike but as Lori was about to stab her, she stopped and let Nike escape back to Michigan, where the race continues. Lori catches up and both takes of a circle which gave enough static charge to generate electricity. The throw it at each other and the clash caused an explosion which knocked each other back. Then Lori had to find a way to stop her, she created a speed mirage to distract her. Nike races the mirage back to the location of the sisters but the other real Lori, entraps the ignorant Nike with a tripping slide kick that sends Nike airborne. The mirage returns to Lori into one being.

Savitara/Lori: Looks like you never learned anything from me afterall.

Nike: No, this can't be. I'm supposed to be faster and stronger than you. You just newly acquired that power.

Savitara/Lori: You literally think the student will defeat the master. You're pipe-dreaming!

Nike is about to make another attack but she slowed down and felt uncomfortable.

Nike: What is happening to me?

Savitara/Lori: Don't look back...

She disobeyed and saw a Speed Wraith draining her negative tachyons and her very existence. Lori ordered Lucy to freeze the wraith and have it destroyed. Even if they are successful of stopping the enforcer of the speed realm, the girl is still dissipating slowly.

Nike: Ms. Lori, I don't feel so good.

Lori catches the fainting Nike and held her tight.

Savitara/Lori: Don't worry, I'm gonna get you to the Speed Realm and have you preserved.

Nike: No, please don't. I don't wanna go but I don't want to return there.

Savitara/Lori: You have to! You literally have to!! It's the only way!!

Nike: NO! No... If I do, I'll end up like my dad... no love, only hate. Please promise me, you'll keep on stopping dad, no matter what.

Savitara/Lori: I literally will. Don't worry. But I have to...

Nike: It's okay. I've been a disobedient student since the day you found me. You said, we aren't gods, just gifted people. But gifts have guidelines and every mistake we make will help us learn. You said it is always better to be responsible of your action and always seek what's right. So this time... I'm sorry mentor. I really am. I have to live with the consequences of my action. Don't forget to teach that in the future.

Savitara/Lori: I will. I literally will.

Nike: [Slowly dissipating] You know, it's funny. You're daughter said I was your favorite, that I always hog your attention. But I always thought you always favor her over me. I... was... envious of her... to have... caring... parents.... [vanishes]

Rory/Mercury Girl: So she is about my age but since timeline changed, we never get to the same school.

After the discovery, Roby and Rory exited their chambers with their new-found abilities. Meanwhile, in the World That Never Did, Outside the Skyscraper.

Savitara/Lori: There's the skyscraper. So I assume they're there. I wonder what happened Birdcage. Before the whole Tower of Judgement thing I heard that there was a report of sexual assault on one of the female inmates that got bailed before the Terror Crew escaped and found by Emerson. If I found a speedster with trace of negative tachyons, I will have to teach her the ways no matter how hard are they. She can be friends with Rory or Amanda.

-TBC

-Music-
Unbroken silence
In jewel of an island
Chasing the light & found a big shadow
Standing in the darkness
Bear my loneliness
Light and shadow stare me for eternity
I'm dreaming over time clearly to understand a calling given
by the everlasting
I can't stop the urge to destroy
It infects like a rising flames
Brainwashed strange world in reality
I can't take anymore
We lose track of the preciousness of our life like a shot
Fall into the slough of ruin
But I can change my future
-Choir and Music ends-

AN: And that's the chapter. It took a while but since the CoVid-19 Crisis isn't getting better here, I have to deal with it. Now as I promised, here are details of the artifacts and where to find them and how it got to the heroes' hands.

Savitara's Suit/Philosopher's Stone - Found at the Speed Realm after three trials. Lori attained it and reforged by Lisa into a suit with the aid of the Apple.

Gemini Girl's kit - A kit of threads for sewing refined clothes. Non-combative but used as a fixing or forging clothes of various materials. Lisa and Leni uses it but it was found and sent by Lincoln after finishing Greece Sanctum/Olympus (Athena's gift).

Raijin's thunder drum - Thunder drum of the Shinto deity of the weather, Raijin/Raiden. Worn by Luna, it enables her to create no ordinary lightning but with esoteric origin as well. The drums are similar to Enel of One Piece and was found at Japan.

Solomon's Staff of magic/Staff of Eden - A mystical want used by the Israelite wise king of the bible. A piece of heavenly tech. Found along with the Apple from Vatican City that was under the supervision of the Pope but was considered as bad luck charm since the power was desired by many. Given by Dark Slayer.

Power Girl's Vibranium gloves - Created by Lisa to support Power Girl's Combo Plus ability, to absorb power by continuous hits, whether from enemies or hers. This equipment helps in maintaining correct force to strike.

Lucy's Cocytus/Nevermeltingice - A piece of the Circle of Treachery from the Netherworld. This enables Deathfrost to summon the ice golem, Cocytus. It also enables Lucy Esoteric Unholy Ice powers. Given by Dark Slayer since Asgard closed down and Lincoln wasn't allowed to go to the Netherworld by Camael's orders.

Huntress's Sabertooth Pendant - A gift by the 11 masters. Not much of an artifact since it only helps Lana have better control or a time limiter during her transformation into Mythical Creatures. She soon not needed it after semi-full mastery.

Crystal Queen's Riches of Cleopatra - Just small tributes found in Shurima by Lincoln. Formerly owned by Cleopatra. Not much of power.

Forbidden Fruit/Apple of Eden - Although the name, it is actually the seed of what's left of the fruit the first human ate, now calcified into a piece of Heaven Tech. This grants Nigh-Infinite Knowledge of all and helps technology in a very celestial level but has side-effects, temptations that can reduce human freewill. Lisa wields it after Lincoln. Given by Dark Slayer and was part of the Vatican Gifts.

Ivygirl's Treant monsters - Treants are tree guardians or golems that guards the forest. Lily had trained them as her assistance since her time in the Enchanted Forest which proves as a safe haven for pacifistic creatures.

Some characters belongs to a fellow DeviantArtist NBWatts. A good friend of mine.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed reading. Leave a like, review, follow and as always: God Bless, Stay Safe and Peace/Shalom!!