↠ 𝐀𝐧𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐘𝐚𝐨

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

•——————•°•ઇଓ•°•——————•

"𝙸𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚟𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢, 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚘 𝚜𝚖𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚒𝚝."

ⵈ ⵈ ⵈ ⵈ ⵈ ⵈ

Book - Royal Facade

Author - AnointingYao

Reviewer: Katopark

Review

----------

PRESENTATION - 16/30 

1. Appearance - 3/5

 The cover was really simple. Though it does serve the purpose of looking straightforward, it lacks the element that might rope the readers in. The aesthetic was okay, but it could've been better.

2. Title- 3/5

The title of the story is great. At first look itself, it's intriguing and makes me want to click on it. But there's one drawback. Please refrain from using special fonts for the titles. It makes it harder to read them, and it's difficult to search the book up as well. 

3.Cover - 5/10

Like I said, it's simple. It's just a crown (which looks quite ravishing, may I add). It didn't exactly bring in the strong urge to read. It was somewhere in between. So, it's not an amazing cover, but it isn't that bad either. 

4. Description - 3/5

I am not really fond of bringing in special fonts in the blurb. Some people might find it hard to read and comprehend. Besides that, unnecessary capitalisation and lack of full-stops were observed (especially in the first segment). The blurb was descriptive and good, but a few grammatical errors dampened the interest.

5. First impressions- 2/5

The first impression was quite great. I really loved the name you picked out for the protagonist. What reduced your marks were the initial appearance and the blurb. You also need to tone down on the amount of capital lettered shouts you've incorporated. Otherwise, in the book, things were good. 

----------

LANGUAGE SKILLS - 23.5/30

1.Grammar - 5.5/10

I will mention the first instances where I found a few things irksome. 

Though you have stuck to using past tense throughout the story, there were a few places where past perfect tense would've been a better replacement. For example:

 Chapter - Introduction 

'I'm sure she planned it for years' would sound better as 'I'm sure she had been planning it for years'.

Chapter - 10

When narrating in the past tense, the correct word to use instead of today is that day.

Another thing I noticed was the slight issue with dialogue execution. Dialogues need to have the comma within the quotes, when an action follows it. For example:

 Chapter - Introduction

"You're free to leave...bailed". 

Please make sure that the full stop comes within the dialogue quotation. 

Chapter - 10

"Oh... Abraham" he said as he stretched. 

The right way is "Oh... Abraham," He said as he stretched. 

In many chapters further, you have added unnecessary punctuations and letters. 

 Chapter - 1, 10, 11, and many more

"You just told me you weren't...MARK IS?... YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO HE IS!!!"

There's absolutely no need for the additional exclamations and the three fullstops after the question mark. 

Chapter - 45

"Nora. Noooooooo". They chorused. 

So many o's were unnecessary.

2.Vocabulary - 9/10

The vocabulary in the book is quite decent.  You haven't used heavy words that aren't easy to comprehend either so all the words were easy to understand. However, there were a few places were you could've used more compact words instead of elaborating. 

3. Spellings - 9/10

The chapters have been edited with much focus, to be honest. You have spelling mistakes that range from sparingly few to nil. Even if it were perfect, 9 is the highest you can expect from me. Good job! 

But, in chapter 30, what exactly do you imply by 'mehn'? 

----------

WRITTEN CONTEXT - 21.5/30

1. Plot - 9/10

I'm not exactly on good terms with reading the historical genre, but your book had such an amazing plot that I couldn't help but give you great marks for it. The plot twists were well-timed, and there's nothing you need to change. Good job! 

2. Flow - 6/10

In my opinion, the book was at a good pace. But a few events felt like you were rushing through them. The backdrop wasn't described well, the emotions weren't there and things just went past on a whim. I'd love to have you elaborate on it. 

3. Character development - 6.5/10 

Emotions weren't very evident. The book was quite lacking in this element. The addition of emotions for most of the characters is of utmost importance. The character's had their flaws and strengths, and things weren't bleak anywhere. As an additional point, don't get me wrong... but there are a lot of characters in your story, to be honest. It was a little hard to keep up without proper intros. 

OVERALL OF THE BOOK - 7.5/10

FINAL REVIEW IN SHORT TO SUMMARIZE EVERYTHING 

The story was great. It kept me on my toes and I was intrigued to read more of it. But as I mentioned earlier, the special fonts and the grammatical errors just dampened the fun. Otherwise, it was an amazing book, and I would definitely recommend it for a good read. 

TOTAL - 68.5/100

•——————•°•ઇଓ•°•——————•

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛