Death Battle Season 8 Ranked

Now that Death Battle season 8 has wrapped up with the finale Popeye vs Saitama coming out, I thought it would be most appropriate to ranked all of these fights from worst to best. And believe you me, I have a couple of things to say about some of these. Now, keep in mind that these are simply my opinions and if you disagree that A-Ok. Just remember to stay kind and respectful. I'll also be tagging some people here to see their thoughts too. At the end I'll also go over the brief teaser for season 9 and what I'm excited and worried about. But real quick let's go over how exactly I'll be judging these.

Animegoddess2
Captain_Valkyrie
@Daddy-Mikasa
MarioandSonicgamer

The way this will work is that I'll judge these fights based off of a few categories:

First will be the research. So basically how well were the characters represented in terms of their stats and abilities? We're they wanked or downplayed?

Second, will be the music and if I thought the soundtrack was good and fit both characters or was forgettable.

Third, the fight itself if it was memorable and enjoyable. Like was it so good I would watch it over and over again.

Fourth, is the matchup itself. Was the matchup good and make sense or was it a waste of one or both characters?

Finally, will be the results. Did it make sense who won and was them winning the fight accurate or should the loser have won?

Now that that's out of the way, let's ranked every season 8 fight from worst to best.

16: Korra Vs Storm

We're you really surprised that this is the worst fight? First the matchup sucked

We're you really surprised that this is the worst fight? First the matchup sucked. There were better choices for both characters. Storm for instance could've fought Captain Planet, or Sailor Jupiter. And 99% of the internet included myself wanted Korra vs Rey or Korra vs Delsin. And you can bet we were all disappointed when we got this. Say what you will about the other matchups but at least those were GIANT GIANT stomps. Were comparing a city to at most island level character to someone who's multiversal with immeasurable speed. Next let's get onto the research and it was eh. Korea's research seemed fine but man storm. If you wanted a clear example of death battle downplaying a character this is a perfect example. They said she was less than 1% the speed of light! I know they said she could dodge beams of light but come on man. Like if you're gonna have a huge stomp fight like this you might as well go all the way with. They also said she was small planet level. Which is also a huge downplay. Next is the fight itself and it's a fight I guess. Not much to say here. Yea it was pretty cool how they used their respective elements in some cool ways like how korra crushed storm with two giant pieces of rock but still, nothing special at all. I also didn't like how storm was getting trashed the whole fight. She was struggling WAY too much against korra. I know they have to make it seem closer than it actually is for suspense but we all know storm was gonna win. She only got in like 3 hits and the final kill. But at least the kill was pretty good. Music was lame. Too atmospheric and generic. Finally the results. Storm winning made sense with or without their research involved. So they got that right at least. But I was worried that they were gonna pull a Yang vs tifa or Mario Vs sonic 2 and make korra win. Thank God that didn't happen.