12 .𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒌.

"What are you doing here?" She asks, loud enough to be heard by him, still moving her arms back and forth in the water go keep herself afloat, her head tilted up ever so slightly.

"Watching you." He answers simply and she turns away and swims to the further side of the pool, her back on display to him now and he sees the intricate pattern right at the bottom of her backless bathing suit, fitted against her smooth skin. "White is your colour."

"I know."

"You should wear it more."

"For who, you?"

"Well now that you've brought it up." Jamie turns around at his words and finds he isn't there. For a split second she thinks she imagined the entire thing. Too much rosé, Jamie. But then a figure slips through her first floor glass sliding doors and makes their way over to where she is, in the pool. It's him.

"Come to get a closer look?" Jamie asks with a bit of a teasing tone, extremely calm, having come to acceptance with a few things over the past few days after talking to her mother and sisters. She watches him take a seat next to the pool, legs pulled up to his chest, his elbow resting against his knee as his arm dangles in between them.

Instead of saying anything, Hitter looks at his watch and begins tapping things on it, Jamie's eyebrows furrow as she swims to where he sits, disappearing underneath the water for even just a moment to push her hair back from her face, running her hands through the strands before they touch the wall, inches from his feet.

"What are you doing?" As the words leave her mouth, Jamie's entire house is plunge into darkness, the previous Christmas like effect it may have had disappeared, from all of her multiple rooms, the backyard lights, and even the pool ones and she takes a deep breath, pulling herself out of the pool, and onto the ground beside him but her feet remain. "Did you just..."

"Cut out your power? Yes." Hitter answers and Jamie closes her eyes against the dark since her eyes are only confusing her by the shadows.

Wolf on the other hand has done enough missions in the dark that he can almost see her leaning back against her hands with her head tilted back.

"I guess you like me better in black."

"Nonsense. You need to be seen."

"By you?"

"Careful, you sound hopeful."

"Then you don't know me very well." She answers and he smiles in the darkness, listening to her breathing to know just where she is.

"James."

"You've been saying my name a lot lately."

"You like to hear it." He retorts back and she gives a breathy laugh, drawing Hitter closer until their hands are touching but she quickly lifts her hand from underneath his. "Scared?"

"Of what?"

"The fact that you had to ask leads me to believe you are." Jamie slams her hand down and grips his in hers, her breathing quickening when he turns his own over and interlocks their fingers.

Warmth. All he is- is warm and flashes of the other day when he held her sends even more heat pulsing to all the corners of her body.

Opening her eyes to see what he may be thinking, she remembers they're currently plunged in darkness and internally rolls her eyes.

"What are you doing here Hitter?"

"Touching you." His other hand reaches over and trails up the length of her other arm and she starts to shake a bit, like she did in his arms the day he held her while she cried. But this time is different, this time she's afraid of...possibilities. "If you don't want me to–"