26.𝑹𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒚 𝑹𝒊𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒚.

The soft humming of the engine is all that fills the silence of the car as it glides down a road in the early morning of nearly 4am.

Yasmine is sat in the backseat of the vehicle, her gloved hands resting interlocked on her crossed knee as she stares out through her one way tinted windows. There's barely anybody else out at this time, except for the occasional car that may be on its way to a distanced place of employment or perhaps a mistress-maybe just a drive to clear the mind but the reasons are perhaps not as heavy as Yasmine's.

Her driver doesn't dare say a word, not even when they stop in the middle of seemingly nowhere and she climbs out to open for the Davenport woman.

Yasmine climbs out of the car and her driver grabs a coat that's lying in the vacated backseat to help her boss slip into it before climbing back into the car and waiting.

Sandy flooring is gathered under her heels as she begins to walk, pulling out her phone and typing with speed across the keyboard.

That's when she arrives. A shed. She pushed the rusted door then shoves it open using her hip before stepping inside a lit arena compared to the previous darkness, roars of cheers and claps and grunts filling the former silence and she quickly closes the door then crosses the length of the floor which is occupied with a large cage in the middle of the room.

Eyes that meet hers quickly glance away, men and women slowly quiet at her presence and the bodies that were previously fighting in the cage seemingly cease at her unexpected presence.

The power of a Davenport is...unexplainable, to say lightly. Disappearing into an office, she closes the door behind her just as the noise starts once again.

"Yasmine."

"Are you making an attempt on my life again?" Her cold voice is calm as she stares into great green eyes that sparkle with mischief and she can't help the annoyance that falls over her.

In the small office, the stench of cigarettes and alcohol is strong, a single black desk in the middle with a spinning chair and two velvet sofas.

That's about it for this room.

"Me? Make an attempt on you, my sweet Yazzy?" The woman drawls and Yasmine rolls her eyes just as the door opens and closes behind her.

"Hi mom. Hi mother." Rickson's voice fills the room and both women turn to her.

"Hi bear,"

"Hello beautiful,"

They both say simultaneously and Rickson takes of her coat then stares at the woman with green eyes. "Are you trying to kill mom?"

The woman scoffs. "Why are you both accusing me of such? No. My love, you really think if wanna kill your precious Yazzy?"

To the woman's question, Rickson tilts her head pointedly and crosses her arms over her chest firmly. "Okay, not this time! I swear. You believe me, don't you? If I was trying to kill her, you'd know instead of just guessing. Trust me."

Rickson exchanges a glance with Yasmine who sighs. "What now?" She asks the older woman who smiles.

"Now you go home and I'll let you know if I find any more leads." Is her reply so Rickson walks forward and gives her a hug and a kiss on the cheek, approaching the green eyed woman and pecking her cheek as well before grabbing her coat then making her exit.

"Who could it be?"

"I don't know Riley." Yasmine turns to the woman standing beside the table, her height towering and her hair a deep shade of auburn.

The woman who gave birth to her oldest daughter.

Riley Ripley, the biological mother to Rickson who had the child taken from her after being admitted into rehab. Rickson is known as the perfect Davenport but once her past came knocking and she found out that he mother was not only a drug dealer but addicted to the killing substance she refused to accept it was true.