29.𝑩𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒉𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝑸𝒖𝒆𝒆𝒏.

~•Jamie•~

It's been a little while since we've been been back and even if he comes to see me each night or morning, Wolf hasn't really given me an update about what's been going on with his witness protection officers but if he's waiting for the right time then I'll let him have his space.

I blink at my reflection, angling my chin up and my profile sideways.

"What?" I ask my mom as she stares at me doing my makeup from beside me. I use my finger to smooth some eyeshadow under my eyes to make them pop, patting it to blend it in before turning to her properly. "You've been staring at me this entire time."

"It's nothing. Ignore me." Mom straightens, clasping her hands in front of her and pacing the length of her bedroom. Today is our first brunch together since I came back, as well as it is her birthday party since today we had a cute idea. I'm wearing Versace printed wide leg pants with a black sweetheart top and white T-shirt for layers.

 I'm wearing Versace printed wide leg pants with a black sweetheart top and white T-shirt for layers

I slip on a pair of black heeled sandals to finish off then loop earrings through my ears.

"Okay, what is it?" I ask, the pacing getting to me just a little bit and she pauses, looking me in the eyes while trying to find the right words without seeming like she's being intrusive. That's never good.

"Sugar..." She trails off, waving her hands around slightly before continuing. "You know you can tell me anything... Right?" I nod, rubbing my lips together thoughtfully, thinking of my own way to answer.

"I needed some time to myself. You trust me, right?" Now it's her turn to nod and I smile, satisfied with the outcome of this exchange. "Let's head out before I'm blamed for the birthday Queen being late to her own bash." Linking my arm through hers, I lead her out of her bedroom, pecking her cheek softly.

There isn't anything short of the entire world that my sisters and I feel our mother deserves. She is our world and our everything. With whatever we do, we aim to make her proud and it's been that way since we were little.

She's a great boss, a lethal yet incredibly intelligent woman but most importantly she's the best mother in the entire world.

Arriving at the spa, bed and bath resort with my mom, we're greeted by security who open the back door of my mom's car to let us out then wave us forward.

In the entrance, a wall flowing with water adds a calm semblance to the room where Crow and my sisters are waiting with their own Versace pattern outfits. I run a hand backwards through my hair and join them across from the Queen herself, beginning the sharing of the day's agenda. "This year, after an insane rollercoaster for us all, the girls and I have decided that something more intimate would work best for you. For all of us." I start and she smiles, pulling me into a hug and I laugh slightly at her excitement.

"We'll be having brunch a screen activity later on in the day as well as dancing and drinks." Nial pipes in, placing a kiss on her cheek and our mom laughs before stepping back.