14 .𝑳𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝑪𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒚.

*****

Jamie's phone rings as she's getting settled into her rented home, having landed a few hours ago into Scottland. She needed to get groceries and a new burner phone before she could start unpacking some of her clothing and then some of her weapons as well.

Her hand falls over a thick patch material and when she pulls everything out. It's Hitter's mask. The one he left for her the night they...she shakes her head to stop the way her stomach begins to swirl at the thought and how her heart rate picks up speed. She promised herself to stop thinking about it for the time being, she needs to really think about it first. It's why she left. Jamie walks over to the mirror and brings the mask to her face, securing it in place by placing the straps over her ears.

It's a bit big, but nothing a little alterations can't fix.

That's when Jamie gets an idea and she takes it off then grabs her purse, leaving her room and making her way to the stairs, having forgotten all about her ringing phone.

*****

"Hi, do you speak English?" Jamie asks with a smile when she walks into the seamstress boutique and the woman standing behind the counter tilts her head then calls for someone named Dayna.

"Hello, how can I help you?" The Scottish woman asks and Jamie steps forward then sets the mask down gently.

"I'd like to alter this to...fit my face." Jamie says softly and the woman picks the mask up then nods, turning it over.

"Would you like to keep the engraved letters?"

Jamie looks down and sees the letters, S.H scrawled at the bottom in cursive and she nods.

"Yes please. How long will this take?"

"Not long. I can call you later on today to pick it up if you'd like?" Dayna asks Jamie and she nods. "I can have it washed and dried too–"

"I'd rather you not. Just the alteration." Jamie interrupts, not wanting to rid the mask of the scent of the man who wore it first and the woman nods, a smile on her face.

"Let me measure you're face."

*****

Returning to the guesthouse rental after having dropped off the mask, Jamie heads up to her room then logs into her email using the free desk computer in the bedroom.

Seeing a few private/incognito alerts, she taps on the file then types in her password, unlocking her job requests which she scrolls through until one catches her eye.

To: (Candy)
From: (Unknown)
Subject: I need your sweet.

|I heard you're in Scotland Candy. Well it just so happens that so am I so how about we meet, and I ask you for a small favour in person? I'll even buy you a drink.
-Old Friend|

Replying to the email, Jamie smiles.

To: ()
From: Candy
Subject: RE: I need your sweet.

|Because you asked so nicely, I'll agree. I'll text you the address once you text me your number. Then I'll know you're serious this time.|

Jamie's burner phone goes off almost immediately and picks it up, finding an address from an unknown number she notices had called her before she left to get the mask altered and stands, grabbing her coat and pulling it on over her grey sweater dress.