20 .𝑺𝒆𝒓𝒗𝒆𝒅.

~•Silver Hitter•~

Leaving Jamie's house, I was frustrated and stressed out about everything my sister was trying to warn me about, how I knew she was telling the truth but only to an extent in my opinion. I can't think straight. I head home, slamming the door behind me then disarming the alarm system behind me. Storming to the closest wall which is beside the coat closet, I flex my hands then ram my fist into it.

I tug my mask down to my neck when I feel the usually breathable material begin to slightly suffocate me and pant heavily as I continue to hit my fist against the wall over and over until it became numb and a bloody, strained mess.

I smell her still, I smell Jamie all over me and all I wanna do is go back and take her in my arms, let her comfort me even with the problems that don't concern her just because I want to assume she'd care but I don't. I don't because she's dealing with her own stress right now and doesn't need me to pile onto her problems which is why I left.

I shouldn't have kissed her that day by her pool. I shouldn't have let her feel comfortable enough to suggest the kiss in the first place because now I can't stop how much I really want her.

Crow was wrong to confront me in front of her, she didn't need to see that side of me–the side that...that made her flinch away from me.

Feeling my phone buzz in my pocket, I pull it out using my good hand and curse, catching my breath before swivelling around and heading back out, this time through the garage. I pass the different cars and stop in front of an Audi SUV I have, starting it with the keys I always leave in the ignition.

I open the garage doors then lower my foot over the gas, gripping the steering wheel painfully with my busted knuckles.

My phone rings this time and I connect it to the car and answer without checking who is on the other line, assuming that it's who texted me just prior.

"Yeah."

"Are you alright?" I tense at the sound of Jamie's soft voice and I slam on the breaks and pull over onto the side of the road, flicking on my hazard lights. "I wasn't going to call but...I'm not okay and I wanted to hear your voice to see how you were doing too since you left in such a fume." She can be so thoughtful.

"I'm fine, just a little busy."

"Not too busy to answer my call though." I smirk.

"You're supposed to say 'that's fine, you'll call me later'." I tell her, pulling back onto the road and flicking on my headlights as I continue to drive, easing the hazard lights off once I'm steady.

She laughs. "I'm not that sensitive, thank you very much." We stay on the line in silence, the only sound really her breathing since she's so close to the phone. "I'm not mad at you anymore. I'm too tired for that." Jamie tells me suddenly and I smile, taking my mask off completely and stuffing it away in a cubbyhole.

"That's good."

"I'm falling asleep." She tells me and there's nothing more I wanna do in that moment than hold her until her eyes shut in surrender to exhaustion.

"Okay. Sleep." I tell her and she hums in response, telling me not to hang up until she falls asleep. Even long after I hear her deep, even breathing, I stay on the line, the sound of her peaceful state calming me down more than she knows.

The familiar roads take me to the location I've memorised back and forth, but instead of complete dread filling the atmosphere of the car, I'm calm as I listen to Jamie, knowing that she's safe, probably with her lips parted as she drools only so slightly and lets her nose do most of the breathing as she rests.