28.𝑭𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝑫𝒂𝒕𝒆.

Jamie isn't sure if she ever imagined any particular features for Wolf, ever really dreamed up a face maybe based on his voice, the feeling of his face structure against her fingertips of simply based on the slot of his visible eyes. But now that she's seen him, she knows that nothing could have prepared her for the man standing in front of her.

Jamie smiles wordlessly for a moment, suddenly shy at being able to read every inch of his expressions now and somehow he bared himself to her but she feels exposed. He's right, the two of them had found a routine, kiss at night, in the dark, blindfolded at fare times that it all just felt normal. Having a face to the person she's put majority of her trust in lately though.

"You're handsome." She hears herself whisper and his shoulders lower a bit, almost as though in relief that she isn't...disappointed? As though Jamie would let their connection ride on whether or not he was as attractive as he is but she isn't mad at how the odds weighed out. She reaches out to cup his cheek, his stubbled jaw that she had held so many times before and strokes it slowly. "Why do you hide this beauty?" Her boldness comes back like it never left.

"Because too many people could get hurt from knowing it exists." Jamie frowns but doesn't question him further. He smiles at her silence and her heart swells, causing her to draw her hand back so she can grasp her heart, which seems like it's going to leap out of her chest at any given second.

"Come here." Strong arms pull James Davenport to a firm chest and she smiles even wider, wondering how she was prepared to face any sort of looks but... Jamie pulls back to run her eyes over him, over every inch of his face.

"Can I kiss you? I feel like my heart is going to jump out of my chest if I don't get to kiss you so please can I just kiss you..." Wolf nods and brings her face to his, brushing his lips against hers and Jamie pulls back with every brush, ever stroke, every second that passes by glancing into his eyes, then down at his lips, mesmerised by the sensation of how it feels to be able to look at him.

"I'm sorry." She still can't help but say.

"Don't apologise. I wanted you to see." Picking her up, Wolf places her on the bathroom counter and leans in to kiss her again but Jamie grabs his cheeks and smiles.

"Wow."

He laughs, her heart racing even faster from where she had been trying to calm it down at his toothy grin.

"So beautiful." She whispers, pecking his lips once and pulling away before he can deepen the kiss to look at him again, the smile on her lips never fading.

.....

Laying in bed that early morning, Jamie and Wolf decided to catch some extra sleep but now here they lay, her eyes taking in his every feature as she drags her finger up and down his cheeks.

Mesmerised...

"I thought we were sleeping." Wolf drags her body closer to his and presses his lips to her jaw.

"I can't sleep when I know you're next to me, looking like that." She confesses and he smirks.

"Now you know how I feel."

Instead of responding to that, Jamie gets up onto her knees and straddles his torso, continuing to stare down at him without a word leaving her lips.

"Jamie." He chuckles and cover his face, feeling slightly sheepish wanting to know what she thinks no matter how many times she voices that he's extremely handsome to her.

"I can't help it!" She defends while simultaneously dragging his hand from covering the face that belongs more to her than it does him and he laughs again, causing her to stop and watch as his lips pull back into a smile, parted to let the joy escape him.