30.𝑩𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆.

Leaving Jamie's bedroom, Wolf makes his way downstairs to where Yasmine is waiting for him, pacing the living room anxiously and filled with worry at how her Sugar is doing after everything.

This was an eventful birthday to say the least.

Hearing him once he reaches the living room, she lifts her head and pauses her footing, "How is she?"

"Asleep." He answers simply, taking off his mask and running a hand through his dark hair as he avoids the gaze of the Davenport woman, being safe rather than sorry but nerves shake him ever so slightly because even if he knows Yasmine loves him enough to tell people that she's got a son... Her daughters mean everything to her. "Look Yasmine, I can ex—"

"Was Jamie with you in Argentina?" Yasmine cuts him off, straight to the point and his eyes shoot to hers as he blinks at her, before dropping his gaze and refraining from answering. "I had the phone she called me on traced and the serial number matched the one you called me from when you were away in Argentina."

With a sigh, Wolf takes a seat on the thick white couch and bows his head.

"Yes. Jamie was with me in Argentina."

"For how long? How long have you and my daughter been seeing each other?" Yasmine demands and he rubs his hands up and down his face.

"I don't know... I went to see her a few days after the attempted shooting outside of Prescott Corporations. It kinda started then but didn't become official until Argentina, I guess." Wolf gets to his feet with his eyebrows furrowed in worry. "I know what I promised you all those years ago—"

"Do you love her?"

Taken aback, Wolf sits back down on the couch but keeps his eyes in the platinum haired woman. "I mean..."

"Yes or no."

"What I feel is closer to love. Yes." He finally mumbles carefully and Yasmine stares at him thoughtfully, like a machine she doesn't know how to work. "I'm sorry..."

"Why are you apologising?"

He stares at her warily, because her voice is calm and all she's doing is watching him from where she stands. "Because I know how you feel about that sort of thing, you don't want your daughters to risk getting hurt the way you did and I'm supposed to protect her in every way I can."

Yasmine nods slowly. "Does she know your name? What you look like? Where you're from and the reasons you left?"

"Yes. To all of those." Wolf gets to his feet again. "She told me she didn't want to deal with all of this–this Prescott stuff and if I had tried to understand what she meant instead of just waiting to see how she reacted with time then today..." Sighing, he covers his face.

"Listen to me, and listen to me good. Jamie has never opened up to anyone, so the fact that you were able to begin such a close relationship with her is saying something. Don't lose it over one accident." Grabbing her white luxury bag from the couch, Yasmine reaches out and gives Wolf a warm squeeze on the shoulder. "You're still here, that's all that matters. Make sure to continue to be here for her because you're good for her. You're good for each other.

"I love you. Call me when she wakes up... I trust you to know what to do for my daughter." Kissing his cheek, Yasmine makes her way to the door, pausing when he calls her back.

"Happy Birthday."

"Thank you, Wolfie." Smiling, Yasmine disappears out the front door.

.....

Waking up very late that night, Jamie finds her bedroom cast into a dim glow, only lit by two side table lamps. The sheets are gripped in her hands and she works to remember why she fell asleep and when since her mind is just...seemingly empty with the accompaniment of a headache that causes her temples to pound faintly.