18.𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒎𝒂𝒅𝒆 𝒎𝒆 𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒌𝒇𝒂𝒔𝒕.

It's been a few days since the first will reading. Jamie and Hitter haven't seen each other since, but after letting her heart out right after he read her a note, she's felt slightly at peace about it all. She was still trying to figure out why her feelings were so all over the place because of a deceased biological parent she didn't even know.

Let alone want to know.

She's said it before, most adopted kids wonder what their life could have been, who their real parents were but Jamie never did. She was content her entire life, having her older and younger sisters as well as her momma bear and even daddy.

Slipping large gold hoops onto her ears now, Jamie fluffs out her short hair then stands in her short yet dramatic floral dress and brown thigh high boots with laces that go on for ages.

Today is brunch day and as much as she didn't want to leave the comfort of her own home, Jamie is forcing herself to not let this Connie thing affect her time and bond with her family.

"Miss, your car is ready." Jamie's head of security tells her and Jamie nods, going to grab a purse she can change to because of her colour scheme today, along with a fur coat.

Now heading downstairs and out to her car, Jamie grabs a handle and pulls herself into the high G-Wagon, tossing her purse aside then grabbing a pair of sunglasses she slips over her eyes.

Blinking her hazard lights at her security, Jamie lets them know that she's ready to go as she pulls on her seatbelt and then starts the car, putting the car in drive and beginning to the gate slowly, before getting out onto the main road and stepping down on the gas.

Jamie enjoys driving quite a bit, big or small cars, she's fond of them all actually. She still remembers her sweet sixteen, her first car was a Bentley which the license plate wrote 'SUGAR', it was kind of tradition for all the Davenport daughters. A Bentley in your favourite colour with the license plate of your name.

Bear. Honey. Sugar. Baby.

Eventually, Jamie arrives at today's restaurant pick and jumps out of the high car, pushing the door shut and tossing her keys to the valet. The weather isn't stiffling but it's fairly warm and Jamie is in the mood for a chilled glass of rosé. Heading up the outdoor flight of stairs, Jamie pulls her sunglasses off when she spots her family, surprised at the sight of Crow.

"Hi everyone." Jamie places kisses on all her sister's cheeks, even giving a half hug to Crow before finally kissing her mom's temple.

"We missed your obnoxious presence around here, J." Elijah jokes and Jamie smirks, waving the waitress over so they can get their drink orders.

"Ah Elly, nobody would have even noticed you were gone." Jamie winks and everyone laughs at her light mood today, where they expected her to be sullen and sad.

"Important news ladies. Momma, you're turning the big 5-0 this year!" Rickson brings up and the girls all clap and cheer loudly, causing Crow to chuckle at their behavior while Yasmine rolls her eyes and picks up her glass of wine, taking a sip.