Chapter 1

"Goodbye!" the kids shouted. The bus took off and Allie watched as it left. Charlie, Connie, Fulton, and Guy came up to her as the rest of the team started to walk off.

"Allie," Charlie started. Allie turned to face them.

"You love him, don't you?" Connie finished.

"Yeah," Allie said as she nodded her head, "yeah, I do."

--------------------------------

Allie walked up to Hans's shop for another day of work. This summer Allie decided to quit her job at the diner a few months prior, in fact she quit all the jobs she was working and decided to finish medical school. She only had a few months left when she had to pause and take a break to take care of her and her brother, but in order to keep paying rent she took a job at Hans's shop. Hans went back home to Scandinavia to see his mother and his brother, Jan, was running the store while he was gone. Once Allie went through the back door, she was starting to open the store. That was until she heard someone walk through the back door.

"Jan?" Allie asked as she started heading to the back.

"Nope." said a familiar voice. Allie stopped as she entered, she couldn't help but let out a laugh, "It's Charlie." Allie wrapped him in a hug.

"How are you holding up kiddo?" Allie asked him sincerely.

"I'm okay," Charlie responded, "but I've been better. I just don't like him, you know?" all Allie could do was nod her head. She knew how difficult this was on Charlie; his mom had remarried, and he wasn't Charlies favorite person.

"How about I ask Jan if you can have a summer job here that way you don't have to worry about him and you can hang out with me." Allie said. Charlie nodded his head.

"Yeah, I would like that." Charlie replied.

--------------------------------

"Well," Allie said, "Jan said you can work here." Charlie had a huge smile on his face and pumped his fist. Allie just lightly laughed at the kid. "So," Allie said as he handed him a pair of skates, "get sharpening." Charlie let out a very small laugh and got to sharpening the skates. Allie went back up to the front to finish setting things up.

About a half an hour later Allie went into the back room again and started lacing skates.

"So," Charlie started, "have you talked to Bombay at all?"

"Yeah," Allie replied, "we talked a few days ago, he's been a little busy lately." Charlie just nodded his head.

"I just want to say sorry about what happened between you and my mom." Charlie said.

"No Charlie it's okay. Things will work out eventually." Allie told the kid, "I mean I have had other friends who have married one of my exes."

"Really?" Charlie asked.

"Well, no," Allie said tearing her eyes away from Charlie and scratching the back of her head, "but I thought it would make the whole situation not be as bad." Charlie just nodded his head.

"If it makes you feel any better, I don't like my mom right now either." Charlie said. Allie looked at Charlie and gave him a serious look.

"Hey, don't say that, personally I don't really care that they got married your mom deserves to be happy."

"Yeah, I guess I just don't really like him." Charlie stated. Allie just gave him a sympathetic smile.

"Well, it's time for me to close up and you to go home. Goodnight Charlie."

"Goodnight Allie," and with that Charlie left.

--------------------------------

Allie finally got home after closing the shop. Allie took off her coat and shoes and headed to her room to go get ready for bed. She then walked into the living room to her brother and his girlfriend making out on the couch.

"No!" Allie screamed. Adrian and Lauren jumped and broke apart. "Not in my house, and besides it's a school night." Adrian and Lauren rolled their eyes.

Once Lauren left Adrian went and said goodnight to his sister and headed towards his room. Suddenly, the phone rang. Adrian ran and answered it.

"Hello this is Allie speaking." Adrian said in a high squeaky voice. Allie rolled her eyes at her brother. "Yeah, she's here." He handed her the phone then went to his room.

"Hello?" Allie asked the caller.

"Hey, sorry I know it's late, but I just wanted to say hi." Gordon said from the other end. Allie just smiled.

"No, it's fine. I can't wait till you come home though." Allie said.

"Yeah, me too, but I'm having so much fun."

"Good I'm glad. Anyways, how was the game tonight?" Allie asked.

"Really good." Gordon responded. Allie just smiled. "We won 5 to 2, and I scored two of the goals."

"Wow I'm really proud of you." Allie told him. They talked all night. Allie honestly couldn't wait to see him. It has been over three months since they last saw each other. Although Allie would be seeing Gordon sooner than she thought.