Chapter 22

They were walking back onto the ice in their new jerseys. Gordon was holding Allie's hand with their fingers intertwined. Both nervous and excited for this game's outcome. The crowd was cheering as the USA Ducks came onto the ice. Even Gordon joined in on the cheering which made Allie smile. Once they got onto the ice Allie clutched her new, very own letterman jacket closer to her body. This was probably the only time she wouldn't be wearing Gordon's original Ducks jacket.

"Here to start the third period," The announcer started. "What team is this? It's not team USA, oh, yes, it is. They've got on new uniforms. They're wearing the logo of the Duck. I've never seen this before." Allie looked around; her eyes landed on Stansson. He glared at her.

"I've just gotten word that there is no rule against changing uniforms."

"Come on." Stansson said. "This is ridiculous." Stansson locked eyes with Allie again. Allie mimicked Stansson by sending him a smirk and a wink. He glared at her harder but being the sarcastic person, she was she sent him a joking air kiss.

"Well, Gordon Bombay and Allison Hathaway's old team was called the Ducks, and I guess we've got the USA Ducks out there now."

"Quack! Quack! Quack!" They started chanting, the crowd joining in too. "Quack! Quack! Quack!" the adrenaline pumping in everyone's bodies. "Go... Ducks!" Allie started patting kids on the back wishing them luck as they started to go out onto the ice. Gordon looked at Allie and gave her a kiss on the cheek. Allie pulled him back in and gave him a quick peck, as a sign of good luck. Allie turned to Michele and grabbed her hand and gave it a squeeze as a sign of good luck and a thank you. Michele may have caused some trouble between her and Gordon, but she also helped her, and Allie was grateful for that.

"We will, we will quack you!" the crowd started cheering 'We Will Rock You" by Queen. However, instead of saying rock they said quack, which made Allie crack a smile.

The game finally started. The kids were playing a lot better than they were before.

"Germaine gives it to Wu. Wu back to Germaine." The announcer started as the game was happening. "Germaine slides it to Connie Moreau. She shoots. She scores!" Allie jumped she got so excited. Tears started forming in her eyes.

"You, okay?" Gordon asked her excited, but a little bit concerned.

"I'm fine." Allie admitted. "Hormones. Also, it's such a proud mom moment." Gordon chuckled at her, which also made Allie laugh.

"Connie Moreau with a lovely move in front of the net pulls team USA to within two goals." After celebrating a bit, they started up again.

"Team USA still down by two goals. Trying to get back in it. Shot and a diving save by Goldberg. Averman with it, leads the attack. Comes right up the middle. Averman lost the puck. Iceland gets it over Gunnar Stahl. He's got an open net. He scores!" Allie let out a disappointed sigh and rubbed Gordon on the back.

"Oh, that hurts. The Ducks trail now, five to two." Allie finally decided to use the idea she had had in her head since the second period. She went over to Charlie and explained the plan to him and drew it on the white board.

"Okay, Ducks." Allie said as they huddled in. "Take a look."

"Charlie what are we trying to do here?" Averman asked. "This isn't the NBA."

"But it's the perfect teamwork play." Charlie responded. So, Allie and Charlie explained the play, and that is exactly what they did the next time they started up.

Allie was watching in anticipation, biting her nail as she did so. Gordon had to keep pulling it out of her mouth.

"Now cowboy!" Charlie shouted. Dwayne hit the puck and it flew in the air. Adam skated as fast as he could to get to the puck. Unfortunately, Adam was tripped by an Iceland player. He fell forward and was able to guide the puck in, making it a goal. Everyone cheered and Charlie hugged Allie; she hugged him back.