Chapter 14

The next day Allie decided to go to the kids' game against Germany. She was a little late because she had to sneak out past Stansson otherwise he would have asked where she was going. She saw the team but no Bombay, only MacKay. Why was she coaching? Then out of nowhere she heard a familiar duck call. She turned her head and saw Gordon make his way through the crowd.

She felt her heart sink, but when she looked at him, she just wanted to run and jump into his arms. This whole break up didn't seem real. She should be down there right now; she should be by his side coaching the kids. Soon, if her plan works, she can finally talk to Gordon since she was calm. Soon.

--------------------------------

"Team." Gordon started. "Guys, I was wrong. I'm sorry. I forgot about the team. The team is all I have. I lost Allie and I can't lose you too. All I want is another chance. Just one more shot. I'm back, okay? Believe me."

"But we need Allie too." Fulton said. "She's part of the team. She made us who we are too."

"Trust me. I tried calling." Gordon said looking at them filled with guilt. "I want her to give me another chance too and I won't stop until she knows how sorry I truly am." MacKay looked at him now starting to feel guilty about how she affected their relationship. They were happy and now they're not even talking to each other. She knew Allie and Gordon were meant for each other but was too blinded by her own feelings to let someone else be happy.

Meanwhile Allie had to leave early to go talk to Stansson about plays for the game and to get to know about the players she was going to help coach. The first step to her plan is going smoothly so far; get to know about the players strengths and weaknesses. She knew this plan was selfish, but she wanted to get back at Stansson for what he did four years ago.

--------------------------------

Over the next few days Gordon spent his time trying to get back to being the old coach he was before the fame and working on trying to get Allie to talk to him again. Allie on the other hand was trying to control her big mouth when she was coaching with Stansson.

After her meeting with Stansson one day Allie decided to go get some coffee. When she got in the shop, she saw someone she didn't want to see. They made eye contact; the person got up from the chair and Allie walked right back out.

"Allie!" the person called. "Allie, please wait!" Allie stopped and turned around to face MacKay with an annoyed expression on her face; she let out a sigh.

"What do you want?" Allie asked, with venom in her voice, as she crossed her arms.

"I'm sorry about what you saw." Michele said. "I came on to him, he didn't do anything. In fact, I didn't let him let go. He loves you and I hate that."

"Wow, what a speech." Allie said sarcastically.

"You deserve to know that this whole situation that brewed between you two was my fault. He's trying to be the same as he was before, but you can tell he's missing something and that's you." Michele finished.

"Let me ask you something." Allie said walking towards her. "Did he cuss you out after you pulled away?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Because if he didn't, I was going to do it right here, right now." Allie said. "I do appreciate you telling me though, however, I'm not sure I can forgive you."

"I understand." Michele told her. "Thank you for listening to what I had to say though." and with that they both went their separate ways. Allie knew what she had to do right now.

--------------------------------

Allie knocked on the door for what felt like hours but was only a few seconds. She was at Gordon's office to talk all this out. Finally, he opened the door. He was shocked to say the least; he honestly thought she was done with him for good after everything he said.