Chapter 2

About a month has passed since Allie and Gordon have last spoken to each other. One thing Allie did not know was that Gordon got back into town last night because of a knee injury. This morning Allie dropped her brother off at basketball practice and hurried to the store.

"Morning Jan, Charlie," Allie said as she walked in. She stopped once she saw Gordon, "and morning Gordon."

"Hey Allie." Gordon said as he smiled at the girl.

"What are you doing back so early?" Allie asked.

"Knee injury." he replied, and Allie nodded her head.

After Gordon ate, he went out front and Allie followed him. She walked up behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist. Gordon turned around and wrapped her in a hug.

"You want to go on a date tonight?" Gordon asked her. Allie looked up at him and pecked his lips. "So, is that a, yes?" Allie nodded her head and Gordon went to kiss her again. Allie missed this feeling. They then broke apart as soon as Charlie walked in.

"Oh," Charlie said as he covered his eyes, "Sorry." He then walked back out Allie and Gordon then let out a small laugh. Gordon then looked up and saw a picture of all of them from the championship last year. Gordon let a small smile escape from his lips and Allie looked at him with love in her eyes. Then Jan walked in, and Gordon looked at him.

"That was a good day." Gordon said and Allie nodded her head in agreement. "Look at Charlie, God he's grown."

"Yeah, they do that." Jan told them, "Ever since his mom remarried he spends most of his time here. I just had to hire him."

"Yeah I should have kept in touch more." Gordon told them.

"But you're here now, that's all that matters" Allie said.

"Yeah, so what's your plan?" Jan asked the man, "Have you talked to Ducksworth?"

"No, no i'm not a lawyer Jan, I'm a player." Gordon told him as he was walking to the other side of the counter.

"But your injury it requires rest and time." Jan stated.

"Yeah, time is something I don't have a whole lot of." Gordon said as he was walking. "I was this close to the N.H.L., Jan. I was back in the game, and man I was alive." Allie just looked down at the floor. She felt sorry for him. Allie then looked up and saw Gordon trying to sit down but he was struggling; she cringed at the sight. Allie then walked over to him and put her hands on his shoulders.

"What about coaching?" Allie suggested. Gordon just looked up at her while Jan nodded. "I mean, after all you were the Minnesota miracle man." Gordon just nodded.

"Coaching the Ducks was one of the best things in my life, but I can't make a living coaching peewee hockey." Gordon told the two others.

"Where there's a way, there must be a will." Jan stated while walking over. "My hockey suppliers tell me team U.S.A. is still without a coach for the Junior Goodwill Games."

Gordon looked at him, "Sounds great. Give them a call for us Jan."

"Us?" Allie questioned.

"Well yeah," Gordon said as he turned to face her, "can't coach without my partner." Allie smiled a small smile, but she had to bite her lip to keep her smile from becoming huge.

"Or maybe they just want you to sharpen their skates." Allie said with a smile. Gordon and Jan both rolled their eyes at her. She nodded her head as an apology.

"I know I have good sharpening skills, but I don't want to spend my whole life sharpening skates here." Gordon said. "I want something better." Allie still had her hands on his shoulders, so she gave them a small squeeze as a sign of sympathy. "Something bigger."

--------------------------------

"Okay, I'm not really sure what time I'll be home, so no friends over and," Allie paused what she was saying to her brother to find her shoes, "Adrian do you know where my shoes are?" She looked under the couch and found them. "How did they get under there?" Just as she said that she heard a knock on the door, and Adrian ran straight to the fridge.

"Please be careful," Adrian told his sister as he grabbed a pop from the fridge, "I don't want to be an uncle at seventeen." Allie glared at him as she threw the closest thing that was by her towards her brother. Adrain let out a small laugh.

"Oh, and by the way Lauren can't come over, I don't want to be an aunt right at the moment." Allie said to Adrian, and he just rolled his eyes as he went to his room. Allie finally went and opened the door.

"Hey." Gordon said as he kissed Allie on the cheek and walked in. "You ready to go?"

"Yep, let me just grab my keys." Allie said as she went to grab the keys off the counter. "Okay, now I'm ready."

--------------------------------

"Okay, okay how about this one?" Gordon said as they both laughed. They were playing twenty questions as they were walking back from dinner. "When did you first realize you had feelings for me?" Allie let out uncomfortable laugh because she was put on the spot. "Sorry it's the only question I can think of, and I've been wondering it for a while."

"No, it's fine." Allie had to stop and think for a second, "You remember when you came to the diner one night after practice and we talked for what seemed like hours?" Gordon gave her a small smile and nodded. "That was when. Now since you asked me that question, what about you, when did you realized you liked me?" Gordon grabbed her hand.

"That night when you came up to me and asked me if you could help coach the kids; I felt something. However, when we were picking out gear with the kids, and seeing you interact with them I realized that" Gordon stopped walking. Allie let out a small laugh.

"Realized what?" Allie asked him. He looked at her, then stood to face her.

"That I liked you." Gordon then looked down at his shoes. After a moment he looked back into her eyes. "Allie."

"Yeah?" Allie asked, concern filling her voice.

"I love you." Gordon said. Allie looked at him shocked. She knew she loved him, but wasn't sure he loved her back, plus she thought it was too soon to say these words, but somehow this whole situation with him just felt different.

"I love you too." Allie finally said. Gordon smiled and started to lean down. He cupped her face with his hands and kissed Allie passionately. Allie kissed back with passion too. She smiled into the kiss; she couldn't remember a time where she has been this happy. They then pulled away and Gordon engulfed her into a hug.

"Thank you." Gordon told her.

"For what?" Allie asked him.

"Everything." And with that Gordon walked Allie back to her apartment and stayed and watched a movie. They both fell asleep on the couch snuggled into each other, and for the first time in what felt like forever both Gordon and Allie fell asleep happy.