5 - A Bizarre Dream

Meanwhile, out on the fishing deck outside Softeez in Believer Beach, Midas kept his word and treated Jones to ice cream by the sea.

Jones had mint with chocolate chips and a flake in it, while Midas stuck with being basic and had vanilla. The blond however insisted that he at least had either chocolate sauce or sprinkles on his since it looked, in his eyes, 'boring'.

Begrudgingly, he settled with sprinkles.

Now, the two of them were outside relaxing on a bench with no one but each other for company. But that's all they needed.

"How's your ice cream dear?" Midas asks, getting out a napkin.

"Mmm, delicious thank you." Jones chuckles, licking his lips.

"I'm glad." He smiles. "Goodness you're a mess though, come here."

Midas wipes Jones' face with the napkin, sighing with a smile and a blush. The blond blushes with him, grinning like an idiot.

"Jonesy sweetheart I know you love your food, but try to get it in your mouth and not around it."

He seals the sentence off with a peck on the lips.

"I'll have nowhere else that's clean to kiss you otherwise, haha."

Jones snickers with a dorky smile, an arm hooked over his shoulders while Midas rests his head on his broad ones.

"Midas?"

"Hm?"

"I never said thank you by the way. I had a lot of fun tonight." Jones smiles, pulling him closer as he finishes the ice cream cone.

"Even though I had a mental freak out and we were attacked by sideways monsters?"

"Yes even that. Just remember that if you need someone to talk to about your mental health issues or you just need to let out your bottled up emotions, I'm gonna be right here for you."

Midas appreciates the kind gesture, smiling with a chuckle. As he finishes his own ice cream he checks his watch.

"6:55. We better get back. Jules and Ares could be back by now." Midas hums, a hint of sadness in his sigh.

Jones agrees with a nod and holds out his hand with a soft smile. Midas takes it while pulling out his phone to call a taxi. As they walk across the pier, the blond takes a glance at his face.

He looked like he was pondering a thought.

"Hey, you okay? You look like you need to get something off your chest."

Finishing the call, Midas turns to Jones.

"Those cube soldiers back at the restaurant...the one that called me by Oro's name..."

"Yeah?"

"Well, I'm confused...How do they know him?"

"Maybe Oro interacted with the Cubes before?"

"Oro didn't say anything about knowing the Cubes...unless, he didn't want to tell me..?" Midas thinks, folding his arms. "To be fair I was still a child when he took me under his watchful eye."

"Who knows? Maybe he didn't want you finding out about his knowledge of the Cubes." Jones suggests.

As the taxi arrives and they take their seats, Midas begins thinking about Oro in a new perspective. He considered him the father figure he always needed back in the day, guiding him, teaching him and helping him get to where he is now.

But now, he only had one thing going through his mind:

What connections with the Cubes did Oro, and potentially Orelia, have?