7 - Helpless

Before long, Midas slowly awakens from his unconscious state. He groans in exhaustion, rubbing his head and yawning. He was back in the castle again, the statue now gaining a golden touch to it.

"Ngh...Oh my, what happened just now?"

It takes a second, but it eventually comes back to him.

"Jones!"

He's about to get up only to realize the arms wrapped around him. Jones had him in his lap on the floor, fast asleep with a little drool slipping from his mouth.

Had he stayed here waiting for him to wake up? If so, how long?

Midas relaxes back into his arms again, his head nuzzled under Jones' chin and closing his mouth. He couldn't help but chuckle slightly at his soft quiet snoring.

"He looks so silly when he sleeps..." Midas hums with a small smile. "He's such a heavy sleeper too...I wish I could sleep as easily as him..."

Jones shifts in his sleep, tightening his embrace around Midas with a dumb smile on his face. The helpless mastermind was starting to feel a lot like a plushie. He chuckles softly, pressing his lips against his cheek and giving him a soft lingering kiss.

"He's such a child...cute blond dork..."

He fidgets around with his golden hands and fishes out his phone from his pocket. He had about 5 missed calls from Jules and one voicemail from, unfortunately, his father. He double checks the time and his eyes widen in shock.

"4:15 in the afternoon? Good god we left the house around 10! How long did I fall unconscious for?!"

His panicked shout accidentally awakens Jones from his sleep, making him feel slightly guilty.

"Mmm... Midas? Is that you?"

"Oh, Jonesy! I'm sorry for disturbing you. I didn't mean to wake you up."

"Isss okay. Don't worry about it."

The blond yawns slightly and unwraps his arms from around Midas who hesitantly presses a finger against the voicemail his father left him 2 hours ago.

"M! Where the fuck are you and your little friend?! Being away from the house this long unannounced is completely unacceptable! You get your ass back here right now, and you better believe you're gonna be punished young man!!"

Jones covers his mouth looking at Midas, ashamed of himself.

"Midas I'm so sorry! I've gotten you into so much trouble. Your dad's gonna kill me."

He gets up, rubbing the back of his neck and turning to Jonesy. A sad smile lies on his face.

"It's fine Jones. It's my fault for blacking out for that long. But we should probably get going before he gets more pissed off than he already will be."

Jones nods sadly, taking Midas' hand as he summons his sceptre and teleports them away and in front of the house. As soon as they step inside a hand grabs the mastermind by the neck and drives him into the wall.

"Well what do you have to say to yourself young man?!" Ares yells.

"W-Wait! Ares I can explain-"

Ares tightens his grip slightly, glaring at his son. Tears brim in Jones' eyes, feeling guilty that he didn't take Midas back home while he was unconscious when he had the chance.

"Hang on Ares, we can explain-"

"Can it blondie!! I'll deal with you later as well." Ares growls, pointing a finger at Jonesy. "Something's going on between you two and I'm gonna find out what!!"