chapter one

1989
ollie

I had my bag and my books already. Unfortunately, I was on my way to the park-ish spot down near the river to study for an upcoming exam. I sat there every Sunday before I had to do my classes again.

I was in University to be a psychiatrist because all my life I've been in need to help others with their mental issues because that's all I've ever wanted to do since the age of 13.

I walked my way down the damp sidewalk of my area in Seattle, till I made it to the tree I sat under. It was getting a little late for the orange sky was starting to set in as the moon faded upon the landscape.

I put my bag down and got out my books and pencils studying my heart away. Not many people came around at night, so when I saw a younger man walking around I was curious. He had dark brown hair, too bad I couldn't see his eyes. Didn't matter he was still a nice-looking individual.

I took out my cigarettes and lit one up breathing in the harmful smoke and writing another sentence down.

chris

I looked out to the river thinking about the randomness that came into my mind. I enjoyed coming out here when there weren't many people, therefore, making it less crowded and calming.

Hearing the waves going against each other as being left into silence gives your mind a free-roaming space for thoughts to flood in.

As I turned around I noticed a lady sitting under the old tree with lots of textbooks and a cigarette in her mouth. She looked so peaceful and I wanted to ask how she was, but she was studying. I really wanted to ask her.

As my conscience fought for the right decision I decided to go over and talk to the pretty girl. I walked awkwardly over to her and huffed out. She was still really focused on her work.

"Hello!" She said smiling. "Hey,"  I said putting my hands in my pockets. "You can sit down if you want to," she said nicely. She seemed so calm and sweet.

"What are you up to?" I asked looking into her...I wasn't sure about the colour. It was like an extremely light blue, with green outlining her pupils. It was stunning.

"I'm studying for an exam," she said as she took a drag from her cigarette. "Don't smoke" she laughed. "Well unfortunately I already do" I smiled down to the ground. "Here," she said. The cigarette in between her thumb and her index finger passed it over to me.

I took it and breathed it in. "How can you trust so easily?" I asked her. She picked her books off her lap and set them in her bag. "Well, I think everyone deserves a chance, and if they miss it and break it, well then I don't really care...ya know," she said. I could understand her surprisingly. I never listened to people much but something about her made me want to.

"Your right, I'm Chris" I smiled. "I'm Ollie, I know it's a little ordinary isn't it" she passed the cigarette back to me. "It's pretty cool actually, unique" I took a drag blowing the smoke up to not get into her face.

"You're pretty cool Chris" she smiled at me looking into my eyes. Why was she so pretty? I had only met her today, yet I understood her purpose. "Thanks, you too but what are you in schooling for?" I asked shifting in my spot. "I'm in University to be a psychiatrist," she said. I could see her doing that, her calm and gentle persona and the patience she had for others was something to admire.

"Really? I can see that" I said nodding. "What do you do?" she asked. "I'm in a band called Soundgarden," I said and she smiled. "I've heard of it," she said smirking. I smiled knowing that she knew our band since we were just about to release an album.

"Oh cool," I said smiling. She put out our now-done cigarette and laid back a bit. She was so comfortable to have me with her, I could sense that. And I was glad she was, it makes things less awkward. She turned her head from her left. She was smiling at me, examining me with her unique eyes. "What?" I giggled. "I don't know," she said smiling gleefully. "Well, you're searching me with a smile," I said laughing. "Your hair is pretty"

She said reaching for the end of a curl. "Thank you, most people say to cut it" I replied letting her play with a straggling strand. "How dare they," she said pretending to be shocked. Damn, she was cute. "I know I know" I laughed.

Her hand moved to mine. "Were friends now" she laughed. I was glad we were, I had always longed for a new friend to talk to and hang out with. "Yeah, we are," I said holding her hand back.

We sat with each other learning more by the second, till the sun was fully down and it was dark. "I should get home," she said. I was upset that our time with one another was over but all good things couldn't last forever. "Yeah so should I," I said sighing and standing up next to her. "Thanks for hanging out you're a great listener, here's my number" she pulled out a pen from her bag. "Gimme your arm," she said waving me to lift it. "Sure" I lifted my arm and she wrote it down, with a smile printed down as well.

"Please call me," she said smiling and I nodded. "Bye, rockstar," she said turning around and walking away.

A/n: Hey I thought that was pretty cute:) tell me if that was alright in the comments I love to hear your opinions because they really matter and help me out!

Luv Olive<3