chapter seven

1989
ollie
*Sh warning*

It had been a week since I had seen Chris and I was starting to get really scared. What was going on with him? And why had he not talked to me in so long. No even a call.

Another day went by and Chris never called or bothered to visit. I thought maybe he was busy with the band and tried to shake it off. But he always called and apologized if he was at work?

Something was wrong.

I look at the calendar and seen it was Sunday night. We should be out right now, under the tree and holding each other close. "I'm just overthinking too much, shut up" I told myself. I took the idea to not let the idea of Chris not being with me to still head down to the tree and have some time alone.

I left a quick message on his receiver before I left. *beep* "hey Chris...please call me when you can...I miss you a lot...don't work too hard. Lots of love" I left it with that and went to the tree by the river.

...

As I arrived I found two people sitting down by it. Huh. No one else ever sat at the tree other then me and Chris. Till I found out it was Chris. With a pretty blonde and she had a smaller figure. She was beautiful.

My heart was shattered into multiple pieces. I tried to pick myself up by moving my feet but it felt as a rock was place on my back torturing me from moving. He was hear with some one else on our Sunday. My tradition for us.

"Chris?" The girl said looking at me with her brown eyes. He eyes were pretty but, I thought my eyes were prettier then that. Not to Chris I suppose.

"Ollie" he said coming over and hugging me. I hesitated to put my hands on his back. "Um t-this is, Stephanie" He said and she held his hand quickly. I looked at there hands. His hand in her smaller one. Rubbing his thumb on the back of her hand.

"I should get going" I said still in shock at what I wasn't expecting. "No, stay" He said taking my hand. His blue eyes shinning into mine. The harder I focused the more the shinny blue knifes stabbed into mine making me blind. Was he blind?

I just looked over to Stephanie. She seemed unimpressed or annoyed. I looked back to Chris. "I really have to go" I said. "And please answer your phone sometime soon..." I walked away with tears in my eyes.

chris

Fuck. This was my fault. She's upset over me and Steph. How did I not expect that? I knew it was stupid to get with Steph, but she was sweet.

The worst part is I have been ignoring Ollie all week. I'm an asshole, and I don't blame her. Does she like me?

Probably not anymore.

"So who's your girlfriend?" Steph said crossing her arms. "My bestfriend" I said rolling my eyes at her. "Well I think she's mad now" She said latching on my arm and hugging me.

It felt wrong. How could I have been so stupid? I went home that night alone. I told Steph to give me space tonight so I could try and get a good sleep. Fortunately, I didn't. And missed Ollie. I decided to call her though it was 1:30am. There was a message on the phone first so I listened.

"hey Chris...please call me when you can...I miss you a lot...don't work too hard. Lots of love"

That voice was what I needed. I blame myself for everything. I dialed her number quickly and waited for a response.

"Ollie?"
"Oh, Chris..."
"Yeah"
"Sorry I wasn't really thinking you would call"
She laughed slightly.
"No I miss you a lot... and I'm sorry for not calling or bothering to see you"
"It's ok, I forgive you"
She sniffled. I knew she had been crying.

ollie

"It's ok...I forgive you"

I replied. I really did, yet filled with regret as my now blooded hand shook with anxiety, finding it hard to breathe by the looks of the scratches all on my arm.

"Ollie, are you ok?!"
"Um...I..."

I hung the phone up panicking as how much blood spewed from the fresh wounds, on top of the older ones. I got rags and whipped the floor and pressured my arm.

I tried my best to breath and not stress too much. What if Chris found out? I ended up going to the couch and laying down, letting the thoughts flood in and my eyes spill salty tears down the flesh of my face. Falling asleep...

A/N: I hope this wasn't too hard hitting.

For the people who struggle:
I hear you and understand how it feels. Weather you are suffering sh, you aren't being heard by your loved ones, or ignored, I've been there before and I totally get it. Especially not being taken seriously by the people you love, not having someone to talk to. I am here, and I can listen you aren't ever alone.

Luv Olive<3