chapter nine

1989
ollie
pt.2

I wished for months to find someone like him and I finally had. There was something there. The tension had pissed me off enough.

Cuddling and hugging, it wasn't normal for people who were "just friends" and I knew that. Maybe Chris did too. Maybe that's the reason my head was spinning in circles as he held me close this night under the tree.

I held his hand in mine. My hands became heated as I was smothered and whirled into the whirlpool of thoughts, overthinking and regret of what was to come if I didn't stop myself.

I tried to talk myself out of it. "Stop it!" I thought to myself. It was no use I needed him with me. I didn't care about Stephanie and what she might have to say, I needed him.

"Chris?" I said quite confidently hiding the emotions boiling up and spilling from the pores in my hands and face. "Yeah?" He replied.

I wanted to breathe in but told myself to get it over and done with. "When are you going to kiss me?" Good fucking job Ollie. This could either be the most utterly stupid thing you've ever said, or the best.

He swallowed hard, his face tensing to a steaming red. "K-kiss you?" He asked blushing a lot now. "I'm sorry, I just...I don't know what's gotten into me, this is so crazy and I don't want you to feel weird about what I said
bu-" I was cut off.

I was expecting him to turn me down kindly. Or to say no. Or a simple not right now. Nope. His lips had been roughly placed onto mine quite quickly. It felt so real and something I had dreamed of for so long. Something I had never felt before because I had never had affection. Nor my first kiss.

Chris was my first. Something I had treasured and I loved. I hoped to be kissing him often. With his hand gripped around my waist, pulling me closer to him. I sat on his lap and continued kissing back. His hands placed on my hips and my hands on the side of his face.

Our lips finally parted ways and I felt like I was floating. I hugged him and he hugged me back. "What about Steph?" I asked nervously. "I'll tell her, though it may not be easy" he said sighing out. "I'm sorry for kissing you" I said and he laughed. "I'm not" he replied taking my chin lifting my face leaning in again.

I smiled into it. Knowing I had been waiting for what felt like forever for this moment to happen for us. Even in my favourite spot, or our favourite. "I really care about you Ollie...and you need to know that. I've had these silly feelings for you and i had had moment where I almost told you...but anyways" he said and I smiled.

"You mean you love me, right?" I laughed with my hands propped on his shoulders. "Exactly" he said before leaning into me again. "The guys will probably pick on us" I said and Chris nodded. "It's likely, but I don't care" he said and I laughed.

...