chapter twelve

1990
ollie

As the sun peek through my blinds, I realized it was the morning and Chris was next to me asleep. Again. I just wished we both had the courage to move in together at some point. Maybe things weren't that serious in the relationship yet, but I was tired of driving back and forth. I love my small apartment, it was small, minimalistic, and a comfort place. I was willing to let Chris join me in my home, or the other way around. As much as I wouldn't want to give it up, it was an option. I got out of bed quietly to not bother Chris, He was in a peaceful slumber and he deserved it. I looked through my clothes not finding much, opening and shutting drawers, and looking in my closet.

"Looking for something?" Chris asked sleepily. "Shit. I woke you didn't I?" I laughed and smacked my head. "Yes, it's ok" he said. "Ugh I'm an idiot, I'm not finding much here and it's pissing me off!" I said angrily as he got out of my bed. "I'm sure whatever you find will look good, don't sweat it sweetheart" he said kissing my cheek.

The small moments weren't much but I loved them dearly. Knowing he wouldn't leave me for anyone else was a blessing. He made me feel special even if I was feeling low, looking shitty, or was having the worst day. He was there. I took time often to wonder why he picked me to be with him but it just sorta happened I suppose. And I love him. I wouldn't want things to go another way.

"You can have one of my shirts?" He said. I didn't want to be rude and steal his things though. "Thank you honey, it's ok though" I smiled at him in a reassuring way. He didn't say much, yet went to his dresser drawer, pulling out something anyways. "Here, please put it on" he said smiling. "Ugh your the sweetest thing" I said, placing it gently over my body and looking for a pair of bottoms. "Sweat pants will do, I don't care about how I look...it doesn't look to bad anyways" I said looking in the mirror. I liked that it covered my uncomfortably awkward shaped and tones body. I looked at myself if same. Lifting my shirt to reveal my stomach. "Ugh." I said rolling my eyes.

chris

I got my new shirt out of the drawer but in the time of, I heard Ollie sigh. I looked over to see she was feeling...insecure. How? She was a beautiful girl, I couldn't see her any other way. I walked over to her and hugged my arms tightly around her torso. "Your beautiful" I said kissing her cheek.

"Nope don't say that" she said. "Look at me I'm a wreck" she broke down as I held her. "I wish I could lend you my eyes, your body is beautiful. And what others see doesn't matter, what we have is what does, if they can't see your beauty that's on them..." I reassured her of her purpose, beauty. She turned and gave me a sad smile. I wiped her tears, and gave her a gentle kiss.

ollie

He made me feel loved, because no one else would or did. He cares for me more then anyone else does. That's what I loved about him. I kissed him back and hugged him. He rubbed my back and I let him finish getting dressed. I always loved to make food and stuff so I made some pancakes and made them fancy. "Chris!" I yelled for him. "One second!" He yelled back. He came out a second later and sat down at the table. "Here's your food honey" I said as I cleaned the phone rang. "One second" I said.

"Hello, Ollie speaking"

"Ollie it's mom"

My mother? Why was she calling? Why did she care so much? I knew she was sorry for what she told me my whole life but I wasn't ready to talk.

"Hi...mom"

"Are you still in Seattle?

"Mhm"

"We should visit soon"

"Yeah..."

"I want to check in honey. I'm not here to fight, I miss you and you know I'm sorry, you know I wouldn't have done that to you if I knew how your mind worked..."

"I know. But you don't know how my mind works and now I can't go a day with out crying about how I look mom."

"...I love you Ollie. I'm really sorry"

"Would you like to visit me some time?"

"Sure, also...do you have any friends?"

"A few. And a boyfriend..."

"Oh, we'll that's...good, I'll need tot meet him"

"You should."

"Ok well, I'll let ya go...I love you and I'll be there in two days?"

"Sounds...good. Love you"

I hung the phone back up in its place on the receiver and sighed. I had a feeling she was going to be upset with me when she would visit. I wasn't prepared, but I suppose there was time. "Who was that?" Chris asked me coming over to where I stood. "My mom. She's coming in two days..." He nodded and smiled. "Well that's...good maybe she wants to start a new relationship with you?" He reassured me. "I hope so. She needs to take time to get her shit with me together"

I did want to see my mother and I knew she was sorry but I was worried would she like Chris at all?