chapter four

1989
ollie

As much as I disliked the carnival and the general idea behind it, it scared me for some reason. Partially because of clowns, creeps, and the atrocious amounts of different foods that lead to nausea.

But then again, going with my best friend calmed it down a lot more. Tonight I was wearing a dress that sat past my knees and a small black purse. My hair was in a bun with two strands sitting out in front of my face, though I always tucked them behind my ears.

"Arent you excited?!" Chris asked smiling and looking around at the scenery like a little kid on Christmas. "Oh yeah! Excited to get terrified of creeps and clowns!" I said laughing. "Aw, don't you worry honey muffin I'll make sure they don't getcha" Chris jokingly said and I laughed at his cheesiness "Oh Jesus Christ," I said.

"Where to first?" he asked swinging out folded hands back and forth as we walked around. "I would say food, but I don't feel like throwing up," I said making the weird face I always did.

"Well let's go to...The rides first so we don't do that, then we can eat and play games" he said. "Oh and see the clowns" he said smirking. "No the fuck we aren't!" I said shaking my head. He laughed causing me to smile at his laugh again.

...

As Chris's hand was inter-winded into mine, we made our way to the spinning cups. This was one of my favourite rides and I knew I couldn't pass it up. We got to the ride and gave in our tickets. We got in one of the cups and waited for the ride to start.

chris

Waiting for the ride to start seemed so long for the reason of our awkward hand-holding. How she grabbed the back of my hand with her thumb, sent butterflies in my stomach. Her touch was gentle and soft.

I knew something was going on between us, I just didn't want to ruin it. The way that she cared and the time we spend, did she like me too?

The ride started and we both held on spinning around instantly and I could tell she was nervous about the ride and held my hand tighter. We both yelled in fear and excitement due to the ride. "WHEN WILL IT STOPPP?" She said and I laughed, pulling her closer with my hand to her waist.

"SOON" I said and she nodded. The ride finally stopped and it was a little hard to get her off the ride. I had a feeling if we went on worse rides she would have a stroke. "Ollie come on" I said grabbing both her hands and pulling her up. "Yeah right" she said and I smiled at her. She smiled back and my heart melted.

"So, no more rides?" I said. She looked sad now that I said that. "I don't wanna ruin your fun, I'll go on more rides" she said and I shook my head. "Nope. We aren't going on anymore. "There's other things we can do" I said pulling her to the games. I dragged her to the water gun one where you had to hit the target.

Sure it was cliche, but I needed to win her something. I handed the man our tickets and then it began. "I have to win this!" She said, then suddenly she lost. I laughed at her before she punched my arm making me loose. "Hey! You know I was trying to win for you!" I said and she laughed. "You're cute when you're mad, Cmon let's play a different game"

I smiled to myself about what she said and we went to the ring toss game. There were plenty of cute prizes here I could win her, and it's not that hard to play. I finally only needed 5 more points to win, so I took my shot and thankfully landed a 5. "Good job rockstar" she said giving me a side hug. "Which one do you want?" I asked. "This please" she told the man. He grabbed out what she wanted from the glass founder and we thanked him walking away.

"What did you pick?" I asked her looking at what was in her hand. "Friendship brackets" she smiled and handed me the one with the blue half of the heart and her with the purple half. "They're magnet ones" she said sticking them together.

It was really sweet what she did. "Perfect now we can't separate" I smiled down at her. She hugged me and we were off to get some food, then leave the carnival.

I couldn't have asked for a better time with someone I loved. I think that's what I was starting to feel... love

A/N: NOW TIME TO FIGURE OUT SOMETHING FOR PART FIVE OH NO😜

LUV OLIVE<3