chapter twenty three

1994
ollie

This journey of having my own family, protecting it and keeping them close was something to remember. I enjoyed spending time with them, watching as our not so little girl grew older with the years, as me and Chris followed her with that. I worked at the hospital for a while but decided to do a job as a councilor for children, leaving me to get toys to keep them busy as I talk things over with them and make them feel loved and comfortable to tell me things about there life, mentally and physically. Today was very special for us because it was mine and Chris' anniversary so we wanted to go out, leaving us to get someone to take care of her. Either Stone, or Steph was going to do it but I never like to bug them.

I called them both in the mean time as I sat on the couch watching the television. Chris and her were outside jumping around like buffoons on the trampoline like a normal day. There bond was something I enjoyed watching. To the days they both stayed inside and watched tv on the couch, or when they spent days running around inside or out doing things unimaginable. Every moment with the two was always something to cherish and to remember. The best part was it was always a mystery. I never knew what is was going to go through with them.

especially not after today unfolded.

...

"Hey Steph" I said through the phone. "Hey what's up?" She questioned me. "Are you available to look after Moni for the night, its mine and Chris' anniversary?" I asked twirling the dark green phone chord around my finger, gently tugging it. "I'm so sorry I would but I cant, I've got a meeting tonight" She sighed out and I nodded. "Alright now I guess Stones my only option, hopefully he's not busy" I said laughing. "That dork has nothing to do anytime, he should be fine" She said laughing and so did I. "Well I have to leave soon, I'm sorry again but ill chat with you later!" She said before hanging up. I was in shock at how fast she could talk and shook my head. I dialed up Stones number and waited for an answer. "Hello?" He asked through the phone. "Hey could you look after Monique tonight if your not busy? Its mine and Chris' anniversary" I said anxiously. "Yeah no problem, don't do anything too crazy" he said. I rolled my eyes and he laughed at his own joke. "You are dumb, but anyways come around at 6:30? You have to make Moni something so..." I said trialing off. He sighed and agreed, with that the phone hung up and and placed it back down.

I went to the back door and opened it, walking outside to Chris and Monique on the trampoline. I got on and laid next to Chris' head as Monique sat her self in the middle of where we were. "Mum" She said and I smiled. "What?" i said reaching my hands to her. " Papa est tres fou!" She said laughing and so did I. "Moni, English please" I said nicely looking in her blue eyes. She looked so much like Chris, with her striking eyes and brown hair. Yet Chris had finally cut his and Moni was very shocked.

She sighed and looked around trying to find her words. She was really good at speaking French, which was interesting because I never taught her much. I come from a French family but I also don't want that to be her first language, because Chris wouldn't understand what she's telling us.

"Sorry mum" she said and I brushed the hair out of her face. I smiled looked over to Chris who laid down next to us. "Who's babysitting her?" He asked. I laughed and looked over to him. "Um Stone is" I said and he rolled his eyes. "Great" he said. "I should go back inside, we have to leave soon" I said and he nodded. I got up and as soon as I got inside Stone had just walked in. "Do you know how to knock?" I asked shaking my head. "Yeah whatever" he said.

"Chris Cmon!" I yelled through the back patio door. He grabbed Monique and came back inside with her. "Uncle Stone!" She smiled and he picked Moni up. "How are you?" He asked and she stayed quiet for a second. "Good" she smiled. I knew Moni was a good speaker but she seemed off most of the time, seeming constantly distracted and her answers are delayed. I was getting a feeling we should wait a bit before we ask about it to a doctor because she was still little.

"Okay we'll be going now" I waved off to Stone and smiled. "Bye Moni" I said kissing her head. "Bye potato, love you" Chris said kissing her cheek. With that me and Chris left to the restaurant...

but we didn't end up making it there...

A/n: god it's been so long I'm v sorry! I'm excited to write what's going to be the end of this series in the next few chapters. It'll be...a roller coaster:)

Luv, Olive<3