chapter two

1989
ollie

The numerous amounts of time I had spent with my new friend Chris were something I treasured. I never took our time with one another for granite because he was a good soul, and I had a feeling down inside me that he was going to stick with me for a while.

I felt that I now need to have him with me for my Sunday 'tradition' of being down by the tree near the river because that's where we met.

I walked my way to school and saw that the record shop was open. I looked at my watch noticing I had twenty minutes to get to school, and my walk there was about 5 more minutes. A small pit stop wouldn't hurt especially for the record store.

I went in and found myself looking in the rock section of the store. I found an interesting-looking album with three guys in black and white playing instruments with the title "Bleach" and the hand name called 'Nirvana'.

I thought for a moment and decided to buy it for Chris since it was new and I had a feeling he might be interested in listening to the vinyl. I paid the amount of money and left the store, stuffing the vinyl inside my tote bag that slumped over my shoulder.

Nothing interesting at school happened, for the reason that I had no friends and kept myself focused on my work then paying attention to the others that surrounded me.

My first class ended quickly till my days of studying for my exam laid-off for this next class. Having to remember every detail of everything to not fuck it up was something I was practically pro at. Remembering things was something simple that I could conquer.

...

Plenty of tough worked hours of the school had paid off for today because I was finally finished and feeling better than ever that it was finally over. More less because I wanted to see Chris, and to give him the album I picked up.

I decided to find a payphone somewhere and give him a call to see if he would hang out or something. I dialled his number on the payphone and waited for the pick-up response.

"Hello?" He said. "Hey Chris, it's Ollie I just got off school so wanna hang out?" I asked slightly nervous but trying to keep my calm. "Sure! The bands here actually at my place so if that's ok?" He asked trailing off. "Yeah no problem, be there soon!" I hung up and began to make my way over to Chris's place.

After about 10 minutes layer of walking, I finally made it to Chris's place and knocked on the door. "Hey!" I said opening my arms for a hug. He took me into his embrace and held me tight in his arms. "Come in," he said holding my hand. I walked in to see three guys talking amongst themselves on Chris's couch.

"Guys this is my friend Ollie," He said and they smiled. "Hello," the blonde one said. "We've heard lots about you"   Chris put his hand on his forehead as I giggled. "Really?" I said looking at Chris. "Yeah you must be important," The auburn-haired man said. With that, my face flushed a bright and revealing red, as well as Chris's.

"Hey you know I got you something," I said smiling at Chris. "Really?" he said with his eyebrows raised. "Yeah" I pulled out the vinyl and handed it to him. "Oh cool! I love it, I actually wanted this one and Jason..." He pointed to Jason, who was the curly-haired auburn-haired man that was talking earlier. "He was in Nirvana"

"Yeah there working on another album now, but I decided to leave," He said and I nodded. I hadn't known too much about his band but I was aware of the awakening 'Seattle grunge scene' and was looking to get more educated into the topic of the genre.

"Thank you, Ollie," he said hugging me again, lifting me slightly. "No problem" I replied. I put my bag down beside the couch and sat shyly beside the blonde drummer. "I'm Matt by the way," He said and I nodded with a welcoming smile.

"I'm going to go and smoke I'll be back," I said grabbing my cigarettes and a light. "Can I come?" Chris asked. "Mhm," I said opening the door and he followed out, closing it behind us. We sat on the top of the stone steps peacefully, as I pulled a cigarette out.

"Here ya go," I said giving him one as well. I lit it for him then lit my own breathing it in and blowing it out. "I'm sorry for them," Chris said blushing again. "Hey it's alright" I laughed smiling to myself. "Am I really that cool?" I asked laughing sarcastically. "Well you are really cool but not as cool as me of course," He said jokingly and I smacked his arm.

He laughed, with his beautiful smile that I could never get enough of because it was so contagious. "Your cute" I laughed resting my head on his shoulder.

Being friends was something I needed with a person. Wanting to have a special bond of closeness and comfort was something I wished for with a person. I think that was now Chris. And he was letting me, not shoving me away. I think that my feeling has been growing stronger for Chris but, I couldn't tell if that was just a sweet friendship. And I wouldn't know because I hadn't had an important friendship before.

"So are you," he said resting his head over the top of mine as we sat together smoking the rest of our cigarettes. "Thank you," I said. Closing my eyes for the feeling of peace washing over me. "For what?" he asked. "Being my best friend" I replied. With that, he put an arm around me. "You're my best friend too," he said before we were found by Matt.

A/N: HEYYY trying my hardest to not rush right in because that wouldn't be fun or interesting, yet very difficult to come up with chapters. Thanks.

Liv Olive<3