chapter fourteen

1990
ollie

Being in a deep stress about my mother was normal for I had a boyfriend now am I just hoped she would fxx D understand that. She was difficult to deal with, but she knew I didn't have many friends, so maybe she wouldn't be so mean.

"What's wrong?" Chris asked brushing my hair out with his fingers. "Just nervous about my mom" I smiled sadly turning around to him. "Don't you worry, everything will turn out fine I'm sure" He smiled kissing my cheek.

"I just don't want her to think bad of you and then be mad at us" I said sighing. "I'll be nice to her, see what happends cause she might lighten up" he reassured me of my silly feelings. "Your so cute, thanks love" I said smiling. He kissed me and I decided to be a little risky. Taking the empty spot on his waist and deepening the kiss.

Maybe now was the time to take some action into the relationship? The kiss felt so good, I just couldn't help to wonder how else this could feel. Little grunts came from Chris as we kissed making the tension unbearable. Time to put the lingerie to use I suppose...

...

I rolled over to my side stand checking the time. It was 10:30, so I decided to wake up Chris. I put a small kiss on his cheek and swiped the hair away from his face. "Hm?" He said opening his pale blue eyes. "We need to get ready for my mom" I smiled, holding his waist with one of my hands. "Ok" he said smiling and kissing me. I got out of bed and looked for a shirt on the floor to use for the moment. Chris threw me his instead and I slipped it on.

I put on some underwear and shorts and left to the kitchen. The main thing I wanted was to make sure my house was clean. Chris came out of the room  dressed and ready. I smiled to myself as I cleaned the counters. I had a small feeling of relief, he knew how to keep me safe and how to handle my mothers visit. He would be respectful and sweet like always.

"What do you want to eat?" I asked him smiling. "It's ok, we can wait till lunch and clean up for the moment" he smiled coming over to me and holding my waist tight, kissing my cheek. "Ok honey" I said. He went to the record player and put on a random record. I swayed along to it as it played and tried my best to sing.

Chris organized stuff I the living room then sat down. I looked around and seen the house was pretty much perfect. All I needed was to find an outfit that my mom would question.

I went to my closet and looked through, finding the dress I wore to the carnival last year with Chris. I smiled and found something to but over top to make the outfit complete. Changing into the new outfit, I found my docs and threw them on aswell.

I smiled at myself for the first time. I looked good. A knock appeared on the front door of my apartment and I rushed out of my room. "Ok" I said to myself. "I got this" I smiled and opened the door. My mother smiled and greeted me. "Hey!" She said hugging me. I hugged her back and let go. "So where's your boyfriend?" She asked. Chris walked up so me and I smiled. "Mom this is Chris" I said and she smiled. "Hi Chris!" She said enveloping him into a hug. 'Oh god' I thought. Why was she hugging him?

"Mom-" I was cut off by Chris. "It's nice to meet you..." he trailed off. "Just call me Dianna" she said smiling. "Ok" he replied with a smile. We showed her around my place a little and eventually made it back to the kitchen. "How long have you two known each other?" She asked us. "I don't know maybe over 6 months?" Chris said looking at me. "I'd say it's about right" I nodded. "Your so grown now! And you talk different!" She said excitedly.

My mom had a French accent and so did my dad, I had one aswell but it's laid off quite a bit. "My accent?" I asked her laughing. "Yes!" She said shaking her head. "Well she does still sound French" Chris laughed and I smacked his arm. "You never mind" I said laughing. "Ugh you two are cute, where's my grandchild?" She asked. I was a little embaressed about that. "No ma" I said shaking my head laughing. "Well eventually" Chris said to me. I was scared of the whole kids idea sometimes. I couldn't teach them much for social life because I never had one. I didn't want them to become erratic like me.

"I'd be a bad mom" I said smiling. "No! I don't think so" my mom said. "I don't know" I said looking down. "No you wouldn't you would be an amazing mom" Chris said kissing my cheek. "I'm proud of you both, your...prefect." My mom said smiling. "Aw" I said chuckling. "Thank you" Chris said.

My mom pulled me aside for a second and smirked. "Hey if you end up pregnant I'll be here" she said laughing. "Mom!" I yelled rolling my eyes. "l' arrêt!" I said annoyed yet, turning red in my face from embarrassment.

"So what do you do for work?" My mother questioned Chris. "I'm in a band, Soundgarden" he said with a smile. "Oh, that's amazing right up Ollie's alley, she loves that band stuff" she smiled. "Yeah we have two albums out actually" he smiled leading in the conversation. "That's very good I'm very proud!" She smiled. I was just glad everything was going on so well with them.

We talked with her for hours apon hours. The things she used to tell me in my child hood didn't matter anymore, and I had totally forgotten. "Alright we'll I better head home, it's getting really late" my mom sighed. "Goodbye Chris it was a pleasure to meet you, I have to see your band play!" She said excitedly. Chris smiled and nodded. "Bye mom" I smiled and she left.

I was hoping to see my mom more often now, she wasn't as critical...