chapter eight

1989
ollie

The sun shined through the window of the living room as I fluttered my eyes open. My eyes were puffy, my head hurt as well as my arm.

I sat up and breathed in. Letting my mind release and pulling my self off the couch to make something to eat. I made something for myself and sat back down, feeling regret wash over myself for hanging up on Chris and for these cuts.

A knock on the door startled me and I went to open it. It was Chris. I lunged into his arms and hugged him really tightly. "Hey" he said softly. "Sorry for hanging u-" he cut me off. "Are you ok? Let's sit down" he said taking my hand to the couch. I ate my food letting Chris share with me.

"Why did you hang up though?" He asked. "Something came up and I had to go" I said and he nodded. "Alrighty then"

chris

I think something serious happened to Ollie. I don't want to just ask her what's wrong out front because I don't want her to feel pressured to it. But I feel that if I don't know things will feel weird. "You know you can tell me anything right? I don't want you to hold in what you have, it's not good" She sighed and stood up.

She put on her greenish jacket thing, with her docs and grabbed my hand. "Let's go" she said leading me out the door.

...

"You owe me one" she said giving me a cigarette. "Alright-" she laughed. "Im joking" she holding my hand. I smiled laughing to myself slightly at her cuteness. Any time we walked together liked this lots of people gave us smiles, I think they thought we were something.

"You never told me what your favourite colour was" I said and she laughed. "Seriously?" I nodded and she thought. Sighing out and tooling back over to me. "Green or I don't know... all the colours are pretty" She explained. I loved the way she explained things even if they were really confusing. "Your confusing" I said shaking my head. "So are you" she said widening her eyes, making me laugh.

We got to the tree, like usual and sat down. Although it wasn't Sunday, maybe this was a way to make up for it. "It's not Sunday, but doesn't mean we can't pretend it is" She said smiling to me. I nodded and we both sat in silence.

"You want to know what happened?" She said. Almost immediately I nodded and she sighed out. "Chris..." she began. She sounded sad. "This is hard to tell you since we're best friends and I trust you...so I'll tell you" she said. I nodded and she grabbed my hand tightly. Her hand was warm from her jumbled nerves.

"I...I had cut my self... and not by accident Chris." She said and my eyes widened. "Show me." I said. "What?" She said looking clueless. "Please Ollie" I replied and she lifted her sleeves to the bright red scars and scratches she had purposely place on her frail, and tender forearms. I gently held it in mine before kissing her scratches. "All better." I said acting childish, yet I didn't care.

She hugged me and began to cry. "Hey hey, don't cry" I laughed slightly rubbing her back. "I'm lucky your my friend" she looked into my eyes. I nodded and smiled sadly knowing we were still just friends.

...

Soon enough it was actually the night. We had walked around every where and coming back to our beloved tree. "Today was fun huh?" I asked her and she nodded. "Mhm" she smiled resting her head on me.
I took her hand observing her new nails. "You did your nails?!" I said and she smiled. "You noticed" she said laughing showing me her dark red nails. "Red, I like them" I said and she blushed. That's how I knew I was doing something right. "Thanks" she replied back as she rubbed the top of my hand.

"Chris?" She asked me. "Yeah?" I replied not thinking of anything to happen. Nothing serious. Nothing I would have dreamed of. But it did. "When are you going to kiss me?"

A/N: HAHA, U THOUGHT I WASN'T GOING TO LEAVE YALL ON A CLIFFHANGER WELL I SURE AM. MAKES THINGS EXCITING!
I HOPE YOU HAVE BEEN ENJOYING JUST AS MUCH AS ME AND HAVE A GOOD DAY/ NIGHT.

Luv , Olive<3