Nineteen

LoLo startles as she exits the bus with one of the guitar techs, turning to see who has grabbed her arm. "Reese?" She frowns slightly at the look on her friend's face.

"Can we talk?"

"Of course, what's going on?" LoLo nods, waving off the crew member she'd been talking to and following Reese.

"Let's go do something this morning, like get our nails done, or go to the spa, I just need away from tour for a few hours and I want to have a girl conversation without people overhearing."

"And by people you mean the rest of the band?" LoLo asks, though she doesn't stop following Reese.

"Exactly."

"Okay, I could use the distraction honestly."

"I was hoping you would say something like that. Let's see if anywhere in St. Louis has openings for some nail appointments." Reese grins, pulling out her phone as they exit the arena lot.

"I'll call an Uber then." LoLo laughs as Reese starts walking down the street.

"I have one coming in twenty minutes, I knew we would need coffee first." She nods with her head towards a cafe up the street as her eyes stay focused on her phone.

"Coffee would be good." LoLo agrees, shoving her phone back into the pocket of her heavy jacket.

"Yes! It looks like we can get in at a nice place a few miles away in an hour, I've booked us mani-pedis." Reese grins as her nails tap on the screen of her phone quickly.

"That sounds wonderful."

"Right? A couple hours of pampering and away from the guys." Reese finally looks up, offering LoLo a wide smile.

"Pampering and coffee." LoLo agrees, pulling the cafe door open for them, a gust full of the smells of bitter coffee and sweet pastries filling their noses instantly.

"My stomach just grumbled very loudly." Reese grins, hurrying to the short line as her eyes scan quickly over the menu board.

"Thanks Reese, I really did need this."

"I know. I could tell yesterday really sucked for you." The shorter girl smiles sadly, "Sorry my brother is being so jealous."

"It's not your fault. He should trust me, and apparently he doesn't." LoLo tries to shrug it off.

"Yes he should, but as his protective little sister it is my duty to ask-" "Next." The barista calls for them to order before Reese can finish her question, the two of them stopping the conversation altogether as they order and wait for their drinks to be made up.

"Should I get a full set or just gel nails at the salon? It's been a really long time since I've got my nails done and I can't decide." LoLo asks as the two women sit at a small table in the corner.

"I'm going to do something short and gel, it's just easier when I'm playing keys." Reese shrugs.

"I used to get my nails done outrageously long, for like a year I had nails an inch and a half past my fingertips. I think it was my way of rebelling after the perfect french tip manicure I had to always have for ballet as a teenager." LoLo laughs, "I don't think I want them that long this time though, maybe just a nice almond shape."

"Probably a good idea." Reese laughs, "I like the idea of seeing everyone's reactions to you coming back with full on bitch claws though."

"Oh that would definitely be funny, but I'm not sure it would be worth it, the claws were hard to maintain and I am definitely out of practice on doing simple tasks with that much plastic glued to my fingertips."