Thirty-Nine

"Today was so fun." Reese yawns, her head leaning sideways onto LoLo's as their driver guides the van back into traffic.

"The temple we went to this morning was beautiful, we definitely need to come back to Japan again so we can see more of this city." Zach nods.

"I'm even more excited to see the other stops in Japan now, I knew it would be amazing, but today blew my expectations out of the water." Milo agrees.

"You've been really quiet today Chaz, did you not enjoy Tokyo?" Matt turns to the long haired bandmate who is sitting silently on his phone in the back corner of the van, obviously playing some sort of redundant game on his phone since he wouldn't have wifi or data connected in the van.

"I'm fine." He shrugs, his phone turning off as he looks up at the group.

"I've literally known you since the minute you were born, and that might be the most boldface lie you have ever told." Zach calls him out, shaking his head softly, "What's going on, Chaz?" 

"You should know." Is all Chaz responds with, rolling his eyes at his brother before looking away.

"You're mad at Zach?" LoLo asks, surprised by the fact since she knows Chaz and Zach hadn't seen each other in over three weeks.

"Why are you mad at me? I haven't even been around you in weeks?" Zach asks as well.

"Not now. I don't want to discuss it now, not in front of everyone, and not right before this leg of tour takes off." Chaz sighs, "Don't worry about me, I'll be fine."

"What do you mean you don't want to discuss it with everyone and right before tour kicks off again? That sounds like it should be discussed with all of us and we should have it out in the open. We communicate in this band, Chaz, we have always been strict about our need to communicate with each other." Matt warns.

"You of all people, do not want to hear what I have to say to Zach, I can promise you that, Matt." Chaz nearly spits, causing Reese to jump slightly.

"What is going on?" Milo frowns, LoLo sharing a quick look with Zach that clearly shows they are both thinking the worst of what could be going through Chaz's mind.

"Just, fuck!" Chaz sighs, "Come on, we can discuss it inside." He grumbles as they pull up outside their hotel for the night.

"What the hell is up with him?" Reese whispers to LoLo, concern in her eyes as the group follows Chaz towards the elevator. The ride to their floor is awkward and quiet, no one is sure what to say while Chaz seems to be radiating a fire of anger around him.

"Chaz." Milo starts as soon as they are all collected in one of the bands rooms, LoLo isn't sure whos.

"What is this all about, Chaz?" Zach adds quickly.

"Would you like to tell them the backstabbing shit you somehow got yourself wrapped up in? Or should I?" Chaz motions towards Matt and Milo as he spits the question at Zach.

"I am very confused as to what the hell you are talking about." Zach responds, his voice raising slightly.

"Bull shit." Chaz yells loud enough to startle both Reese and LoLo.

"Please, tell me what the hell I did then." Zach holds a hand out to invite Chaz to speak freely.

"Why were you in New York, Zach? The truth."

"I went to discuss my future schooling with a counselor at Columbia, you know that." Zach doesn't miss a beat.

"Oh really? Then why the fuck did a package arrive at our place in LA, for you, from a Penthouse apartment located on the corner of Park Avenue and 81st street?"