Thirty-Three

To say Lolo was nervous is an understatement, quite possibly the biggest understatement she had ever heard. Sitting in the back of a rented SUV between Zach and a window, headed to see one person who might actually recognize her as Felicity. She had seriously debated telling the band she had a migraine come on and wouldn't be able to make their plans with Milo's family that evening. But, some of her mother still lived within her, and lying her way out of an obligation, especially lying to someone she cares about, is not something she found herself able to do. So the loose blouse and nice slacks in her bag have been put to use and she has joined the band and crew for the evening. She had never been an overly religious person, but currently she was praying to any and all gods, that Milo's mother did not see through her new identity.

"This is it! This is it! This is where I grew up!" Milo announces excitedly, and loudly, through the car as they roll to a stop outside and grand home.

It is a warm red brick home, each window glowing golden in the setting sun. It looks inviting, but somehow to Lolo, also quite dangerous. She isn't sure what she will find once she walks through the doors. Does it smell the same as their home in New York? Will there be photos on the walls of her, Matt, and Milo? Will being in the same room as Mr. and Mrs. Perry cause a nervous breakdown in her? Will she say something in the right tone, or the right phrasing, that will clue someone in and bring everything out into the open before she is truly ready? Unfortunately she is about to find out.

Both Matt and Milo seem to be bouncing like small children as they climb from the car, patiently waiting as the other four exit as well. A second and third SUV followed behind theirs, crewmembers exiting both of those cars.

"Come on, come on, come on!" Milo nags excitedly, waving towards the members of the band crew, motioning for them to follow him towards the door. But before he can even reach the front steps the double doors are thrown open by someone from inside.

"Mama Adette!" Matt yells, running ahead of Milo to hug the woman waiting. Matt only manages to hug her for a fraction of a second before Milo is shoving him away and hugging his own mother tightly. LoLo stands rooted in her spot, back near the SUV, watching and wishing she could also run forward and hug the woman she had known as a teenager in the same fashion.

"Come on." Zach offers, throwing an arm across her shoulders and giving a light squeeze, encouraging her forward towards the door with the rest of their large group.

"I'm scared." LoLo's admitted quietly, so only Zach can hear.

"Everything's going to be fine. She's so excited to be hosting, and have Matt and Milo here, that she's not going to be thinking about Lyss, or the prospect of anyone here being her. And even if she questions the same way Matt's family did, she wouldn't question you, she'd question them, and they would give the same response they gave his sisters. They believe with their whole hearts and minds that you are not Felicity, and nothing Milo's mom could say would change that. So relax and enjoy the night."

"I'll try." LoLo sighs, hugging Zach's middle momentarily before stepping away from his hold all together and through the door into the house.

"Welcome, welcome everyone. We are so excited to be hosting you tonight, ahead of your show here in Berlin tomorrow." Milo's dad greets the large group once everyone's through the door, his arms open wide as if inviting all in the room into an embrace and into his home. "My wife and I have been waiting for this day since Milo told us there would be a tour stop here, and that you'd have a day off beforehand. We felt the need, and the desire, to bring all of you into our home and share an evening of laughter, joy, and of course good food. We know you are all spending time away from your families and loved ones to do this job, and tonight we want you to eat and enjoy. We want you each to feel as if you are a very special member of our family. Food is through the door to the left in the kitchen, there's space in the yard, in  the living room here, and in the dining room as well, to sit, to eat, to mingle, and to enjoy. The restrooms are just down the hall to your right, the third door on the left, or up these stairs, second door on the right. If you need anything please just ask. Now you can stop listening to me, a boring old politician, and enjoy your evening." He steps down off the stairs where he's been standing a head above everyone else, greeting the person directly to his left when he does. Even as a teenager, it had always surprised LoLo how well he spoke English, the German accent not gone from his voice, and yet all of his words come out clear and without the heavy inflections Anja's have always held.