Sixty-Six

"LoLo?" Zach calls through the house as he lets himself in with his spare key, three hours earlier than everyone else is supposed to show up.

"LoLo!" He calls it again when he doesn't get an answer, wandering through the front room and into the kitchen, stopping as he finds her. She's curled up on the sofa outside with a blanket over her legs, a big sweatshirt of his on, and a book in her hands.

Slowly letting himself out the french doors, he smiles as she startles ever so slightly, looking up from her book. "Hi, pretty girl." He chuckles, wandering around the edge of the pool to where she is.

"You finally came home." She grins, setting her book aside and standing to meet him, her arms instantly wrapping around his neck.

"I missed you, LoLo." He sighs, hugging her back tightly.

"The feeling is definitely mutual, I thought you were supposed to be home three days ago."

"I'm sorry, mama can be persuasive, and I was enjoying being home with my family so I stayed for a couple more days, even if I missed you while I was there." His smile clearly says he's sorry as he pulls back.

"I'm not mad, I'd give anything for three more days with my mom. I never thought I would say that, but it's true." She sighs, "And I survived three more days without you."

"I'm very glad you did, besides, as of tomorrow you are the entire subject of my attention for the next few months, at least professionally. You're always the subject of my attention personally." He mumbles, leaning in to kiss her deeply.

"Thanks for coming over early." She whispers into his lips.

"I needed to see you."

"Want to help me get ready for tonight?"

"I am here to do whatever you need me to do." He nods.

"Best boyfriend ever." She grins.

***

"Party just arrived!" Reese's loud voice booms through the house at eight o'clock sharp.

"I've been here for hours actually." Zach greets her as he comes down the hallway.

"I don't want to know about the party you two have had alone already today." Reese rolls her eyes at him.

"I don't want to share." He shrugs, "LoLo's in her room, finishing her makeup."

"I'll be there." She nods, heading down the hall instantly.

"Hey, Reese, how was Chicago this time?" LoLo asks as she meets her best friend's eyes through the mirror.

"Thomas's bitch of a girlfriend threw a whole fit at Christmas dinner, that was entertaining as hell. They're on the rocks now, so I'm just waiting for it to implode on him."

"Sounds fun." LoLo chuckles, "Anything else good?"

"Meh, Mom's boyfriend proposed, she said yes, so whenever that shindig goes down I'll probably have to be involved, but that's really all the highlights."

"Well, I wish the best for your mom and her fiancé then."

"How was Christmas with the Knight's? I saw the adorable family photo Matt posted of you guys."

"It was amazing." LoLo grins, "I felt like I was seventeen again and I enjoyed every bit of it. Nicole cooked for us, we played board games and card games into the wee hours of the mornings, movie nights, everything. It was perfect. But, I am also so glad everyone is back in LA. I missed seeing you and the twins for a full week like that."