Fifty

⚠️TW//Mild⚠️

"Hey, thanks for coming over." Matt grins as he opens the door, letting LoLo pass him into the house.

"No problem, did Zach let you know he has an interview about the book this afternoon?"

"Ya, that's why I changed our plans to being here, I figured you would want to watch it."

"I was hoping you would too."

"Definitely." He nods, guiding her into the living room.

"Is Milo not home?"

"He will be later, and his parents will probably be with him. I don't think he's told them about you though."

"That doesn't surprise me." She smiles softly, "He hasn't really accepted it from what I can tell, and if he hasn't done that for himself how could he feel confident telling them?"

"I guess that's true. I haven't told my family either though, for the record."

"I appreciate that, Matt. I don't mind if they know, but I'm also afraid of rumors or truths getting out before I am ready for the world to know. I want to tell them myself you know, the world I mean."

"I kind of assumed you didn't want rumors flying around a middle school or high school in New York and getting out, especially rumors started by my sisters. I love them to death but they are definitely little gossips." He chuckles, falling onto the couch.

"I think I knew that." She laughs, sitting softly beside him.

"I mean, they may have gotten a bit taller but they are basically the same little girls you once knew."

"I'm actually really looking forward to your family and Milo's family finding out, I miss them so much, especially your moms. Well that is if Milo ever forgives me for the last nine months." She sighs.

"He will, eventually. I don't fully know why he's taking it so hard, but I also know you two had a very special friendship. Give him some time and some grace, he'll come around."

"I hope so, I want my best friend back." She smiles softly.

"Sorry I'm not enough." He jokes quickly.

"I am grateful to have you back, Matt." She rolls her eyes, chuckling lightly at his jest, "I just hope that someday there can be a version of the three of us again, like it was when we were teenagers."

"I don't know if it will ever be the same as it was, I mean the three of us are all very different people than we were then. All of us went through so much with your family's shit, and we have all grown and changed a lot in the last six years too."

"Ya, but parts of us will always be the same people we were then. I mean, I'm still your band's biggest fan, and I have been since before anyone in the world knew who you were." She offers.

"True, but being a supportive fan does not change everything you've lived through and the ways it has changed you."

"No, but that is something that will never change, and I hope you know that."

"I do, I always knew that. I knew wherever you were in the world that you were still our fan, and always supporting us no matter what." He nods.

"Good." She smiles, glancing down as she feels her phone buzz in her pocket, pulling it out.

"Who thinks they can interrupt us?" Matt scoffs as he notices the ringing device.

"It's Anja, she must have just landed. Hold on." She laughs, swiping to answer the facetime call.