Forty-One

"Hello, hello, I am so excited to meet you guys today!" Smallzy, the radio show host, is full of energy as they start.

"We are happy to finally have found our way to Sydney." Matt grins back.

"I have heard so much about Pier 6 over the last year or two and when I heard the news that there would be tour stops in Australia, I had to reach out for an interview."

"To be honest, we are equally as happy to be interviewing with you, Smallzy, you have a reputation that precedes you in the business, and it is a good one." Chaz laughs.

"Well, then today should go quite well. First off, welcome to Sydney! First time here for all of you?"

"Ya, first time for all of us." Reese nods, "We're excited to see what our Australian fans bring to the concerts and get to explore this part of the world for a bit."

"Well, if the response I've received from your fans on twitter, simply because I mentioned I'd be interviewing you is enough, just know you will be receiving a very warm welcome."

"We love that." Matt smiles.

"Now, your debut album 'Sorry Mom' was released in January, and it has done some serious numbers across the globe. It peaked at number three on the Aria charts, and your single Roses has been trending on the charts for 37 weeks straight."

"37 weeks? That is amazing!" Milo gasps.

"Your music has taken hold of radio stations around Australia, congratulations. Now, you're about to wrap up this last leg of your eight month world tour, what has been the biggest surprise you've learned about touring at this level?"

"I think one of the biggest things we have collectively learned is how much it would affect the relationships we have with each other and with those we left at home too." Zach offers, "I don't think any of us realized the way we would all react to the stresses of being on tour for so long and so far from home. This was our first tour outside the US and as more than an opener, and it is a much different experience."

"I reckon that must be hard, but you're weathering it alright?"

"I mean as well as we can, but maybe this band isn't actually as fit for touring and life together as we had originally thought." Matt smirks, trying to play the comment off as a joke but somehow it comes out still sounding like truth.

"Don't put that bad juju out into the world. We are fine, no one should panic." Reese laughs off his attempted joke, sharing a quick side eye look with Chaz though.

"So if the band does survive, is there a chance that we could look forward to new music following the tour? Have you already started any for a sophomore album?" Smallzy changes the subject slightly.

"Definitely. I think all of us want to write and release another album together. There hasn't really been any discussion of what that album will look like or sound like yet, we are all living more in the moment of this tour. But once we are back home in LA I'm sure we will be itching to get back into the studio and start putting different ideas together to make some new music. I know, at least personally, that there are lyrics and melody ideas floating around in my head and that have been written down or recorded on voice memos for future Pier 6 music." Zach grins.

"I hope you guys take time to sleep a little bit before doing that, I'm sure you all deserve it, and need it after this tour." Smallzy laughs.

"I will definitely be napping before I answer any calls to go into the studio." Reese speaks up.

"Smart girl at that. Now, I reached out on twitter to your Australian fans and asked them to send in some questions for you guys, are you up to answering a few today?"