Chapter 1

Liam never wanted an arranged marriage. Yet he is getting ready to meet this guy whom he doesn't know yet. He tried telling his parents that he doesn't want to get married, not now at least.

His parents just waved him saying "Liam, honey you will be happy with the man." And who was he to say No to his parents? Liam was anxious thinking about the fact that his life will be changed drastically.

Currently, he is sitting in his room biting his nails knowing that his mum would be here any moment to call him. And right at that moment, there was a knock on the door snapping him out from his thoughts, his mum came and informed him about the guests.

Right now he is sitting in the living room with his parents and the guy (who he was supposed to marry) and his parents. After a few minutes when he took the guts to look in the eyes of the guy as if everything went only to be surprised to find the guy staring back at him.

The only thing that was going on in Liam's mind was 'why was he here?'. Liam knows that the guy has a boyfriend who he loves so much. Then why was he here??

"Can I talk to him (Liam) in private?" the guy asked to which everyone agreed. They went to the other side of the house where they can talk without being interrupted by anyone.

"I don't want to marry you" was the first thing he said.

"Why?" Liam managed to ask him, feeling hurt at his instant reaction.

"That's none of your business" he snapped at him, looking straight into his eyes.

"What do you want me to do then?" words came out before Liam could comprehend what to say.

"Just say that you don't want to get married. Tell them you didn't like me" he said casually as if it didn't matter to him.

"And why can't you do that? Why don't you tell your parents that you didn't like me" Liam asked trying to keep himself calm?

"I would have if I could" he spat bitterly.

"But why are you doing this, Zayn?"

Zayn was taken aback by the way Liam said his name.

"I don't think that it is a matter of concern for you, Leeyum. Just do as I say"

"B-but I want to know the reason," Liam asked him ignoring the giddy feeling of how his name rolled out of Zayn's mouth.

After a few moments of silence which felt like an hour to Liam, Zayn replied "I love someone else"

"Oh" was all Liam managed to say.

"If you love them, then why don't you marry them" Liam finally took the guts to ask him.

"Because he is already married to someone else" Zayn replied with a sigh.

"Just say NO"

Without giving Liam a chance to speak he turned back and walked to the other side of the house where their parents were.

Liam might not know Zayn personally but he knew that Zayn is a good man or probably was. But what was he supposed to say to his parents, he can't say that Zayn isn't good-looking cause he is A WALKING GOD, especially his Hazel eyes oh and the freckle on his left eye which just can't be ignored.

'Ugghhh....what should I say? What should I say? What should I say?' he kept chanting, he was so involved in thinking about what he was going to say to his parents that he didn't realise Louis entering the room.

"Whatcha thinking so hard about, Li? And who are the people sitting living area? And did I say the guy outside is a fucking whole course meal?" he said making Liam jump.

"Jesus Lou! You scared me!" Liam said trying to calm his heartbeat.

"Sorry Lili" Louis said sheepishly with a chuckle.

Liam just mumbled a small 'okay'. And started telling everything to Louis.

"Well, he sounds like an asshole," Louis said stuffing some crisps in his mouth.

"What am I supposed to do now Lou?" Liam whined.

"Do whatever you feel right, Li. You know that we will always support your decision." Louis said giving Liam a warm smile.

"Thanks, Lou!" Liam said hugging Louis. Which Louis gladly accepted.

"Let's go out and let others know what you think. Plus I wanna know the hot guy. Don't tell Hazza that I called someone hot and that someone is not him." Louis said excitedly. To which Liam just rolled his eyes and started walking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zayn is shooting daggers at Liam, while their families discuss the wedding, and it was making Liam a bit uncomfortable, but thankfully Zayn got a phone call, he excused himself to answer the phone.

When Zayn came back he asked if he can talk to Liam again, and everyone agreed. Liam followed Zayn outside.

"Why did you do that?" Zayn hissed at Liam angrily, once they were outside.

"I didn't have any other options," Liam said casually.

"And what the hell do you mean by that?" Zayn yelled at him, not bothering if anyone could hear 'em.

"Look, my parents want me to get married and I can't hurt 'em." Well, his parents indeed want him to get married but it was he who was persistent about not getting married.

"Oh, just cut the fucking crap out! If you wanted you could have said no, but you didn't" Zayn snapped at him.

Liam groaned. " Look, I agree that I could not do anything about it. I am sorry. Let's get married and you live your life while I live mine, no one will bother anyone. I will go to my office and you will go to yours, we won't have to see each other. Think about it."

Zayn thought for a while before a smirk played on his lips. And Liam wants to wipe that smirk off.

"But I always wanted a stay-at-home husband, not a working husband," Zayn said still with a smirk on his lips.

Just as Liam was about to reply, his mum came outside to check on them.

" How is it going, boys?" Karen asked looking concerned at her son.

"Oh nothing, Mrs Payne. I was just telling Liam that I want a stay-at-home husband. But I guess your son didn't like it" Zayn with a smirk.

Karen knew that Liam always wanted to work. But right now Liam knows that he won't get any support so he just said "Of course, mum I'll quit the job."

Karen was surprised at hearing that.

Though Liam felt sad that he will have to quit his job the look on Zayn's face, the way his smirk dropped listening to Liam's answer made him feel proud that she won at least for now.

Later that night Liam is lying on his bed starring at the ceiling he is exhausted, Louis just left for home. The Maliks left a while ago. The only thing that was going on in his mind was ' How in the name of God will he put up with him FOREVER?'

Liam wants to give Zayn a chance. Maybe he can find love in him. Maybe Zayn will love him just the way he loved his ex. Maybe they will have a happy. With these thoughts in his mind, he drifted off to sleep.

*****

With this, we just completed Chapter 1.
Let me know if you liked this in the comments, and also let me know if I have to make any changes.