EPILOGUE💌

FIVE MONTHS LATER

"Happy Anniversary, Jaan" Zayn said to his lifeline who was just waking up.

"Happy Anniversary to you too, Jaan" Liam said giving his husband a lingering kiss.

"Fuck. I could never get used to it."

"Never get used to what? Me giving you a 'good morning kiss'?" Liam asked rubbing his thumb o'er Zayn's stubble.

"No."

"Then?" Liam frowned.

"You calling me Jaan"

"Hmm"

"Wake up hubby. Our Parents and siblings might be coming here any moment."

"Five more minutes of you just being mine."

"I am all yours Zayn."

"Hmm...but once our families come you will get busy with 'em and I won't get time with ya"

_____________

Zayn came downstairs only to find his husband having some sort of conversation with his fam. He let him have it and went to his mum and gave a hug to her.

"I missed you Maa"

"I missed you too beta"

His Baba cleared his throat letting 'em know 'bout his presence. Zayn chuckled and wrapped his arms around his Baba "I missed you as well Baba" in return he got a pat on the back.

"And wha' 'bout us Zee?" He pulled out of the hug and turned to his sisters, he opened his arms wide, making the girls lunge at him. He groaned as his back hit the ground and to add with 'em Loki joined the group.

He went to the kitchen and found his mother-in-law. "You want some help mum?"

"I have a question" she started and continued when Zayn nodded "How did you put up with my son for a year?"

Zayn smiled "You put up with him like for what? 22 years?"

"Well, we didn't have a choice. He is our son"

He chuckled "I don't have a choice either. He is my husband"

Liam's mum laughed hearing his reply and he joined too.

"Seriously" Zayn began thoughtfully "Time just flew by. I enjoyed every day of my life with him" Pausing to collect his thoughts, he continued "And I know, you felt the same too when he was with you"

Both of them nodded with loving smiles. They stayed in silence before she said "It feels so long without him. Like so many years, not just one"

"I can understand that. When he returned from NY, I felt like I haven't seen him for months tho it was less than a week"

"He grows up on everyone" Liam's mom added, "Though he tests the patience sometimes, he is---"

"Worth it" Zayn completed her who nodded with a fond smile on her face.

"What are you guys doing?" Liam asked entering the kitchen.

"You want something, Babe?"

"No, I just didn't see you coming down so I was 'bout to go upstairs then I saw you here. When did you come down?"

"Been some time"

____________________

Soon Trisha and Karen started with the lunch whereas Zayn's Baba and his father-in-law talked 'bout something no one knows 'bout.